Eddie says "I should cocoa"

Drink gin?
I should coco!
Soo

1 Like

I’m in the Fanta/Carinthia camp on this one, but I haven’t heard it said by an actual living person for at least forty years.

3 Likes

I think Eddie is meant to be an old-fashioned wide boy

For once in my life I find that I agree with the Urban Dictionary: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=I%20should%20coco
"British phrase originating from the 30’s. Rhyming slang for I should
think so or I should say so. Used sarcastically so the literal
translation is I should think not. Also spelled I should co-co and I
should cocoa."

1 Like

Oh, well, never mind. I remember Dad saying it, in a not ironical way.
I am trying to apply an avatar to my profile with singular lack of success, but shall return to this problem tomorrow.
Soo

2 Likes

Direct upload isn’t working, as far as I’m aware; you have to go through Gravatar. At least, that was how it was a few days ago; @Feral_Techie will probably know the current state of play.

3 Likes

That’s how I’ve heard it Soo. It’s similar in response to Do bears shit in the woods? meaning of course, need you ask?

3 Likes

It seems to me that it may have been an unwise phrase to put into Eddie’s mouth when it has two so diametrically opposed meanings; it was bound to sound wrong to much of the listening audience, in that case.

3 Likes

It certainly sounded wrong to some of the listening audience.

Gravatar is as Klingon, to me, joe. I shall attempt a pic stick, tomorrow.
Soo

1 Like

Will stick a “how-to” in the “What’s Gone Wrong” thread - watch this space!

Edited to add: @Feral_Techie has already done so: Profile pictures

3 Likes

How about, “I’ll Coco a pint of Shires,” via the Coco who was once Chief Clown at Bertram Mills’ Circus…?

That dates from May 2017 BTW.

1 Like

Considering that the people of Ambridge sound half asleep at the best of times. I thought a pint of Shires, was probably a pint of cocoa.

1 Like

The bit at the top right of a post tells you when it dated from, doesn’t it? So long as you can count backwards from the present date. Yours says “1d” so one day ago from now, Useders’ says “1h” (ago understood), but Joe’s says “Mar 9”.

Well really. If you’re going to complain about me doing the odd spot of time-travelling at weekends…
http://images.yuku.com/image/gif/02416583d07613d35d3fd008647caa3aedc35a16_s.gif

And if you click on the “1h” or “2d” or whatever it shows you the actual time and date of posting.

Aha! Useful.

1 Like

Yup! I was trying to be Amusing about replying to old post. Where’s me coat?

1 Like

“Here” and “now” are exactly what they say on the Tardis.

2 Likes

Ah, now there’s a question. Quite a dull one, actually. Where’s me [ tube of NSAID gel/ cute little detonator / housekeys / treats for random dogs] is generally a more interesting question. But it does, you are quite right, tend to lead back to ‘where’s me coat?’.

2 Likes

Where’s me treats for random barnacles?

Can you see me in a dull coat?

1 Like

I think you need to use the dust from the bottom of pockets previously containing dog treats for that. Barnacles are not particular and not really given to swallowing matter not reduced to particles either.

Dull coat or not, I can see you. Now sit down nicely and sup your drink. I don’t mind you frightening those people at the table there, but the landlord has a margin to make, right?

2 Likes