I just found

Thanks for that, Fanta, I had totally forgotten it. Nice that Mike got his own way for once, it didn’t happen very often, Vicky saw to that.

I wonder if Mike and Vicky and Bethany will return. I would like that. Distinctive characters and an update on Bethany. They could do the latter properly in my view.

2 Likes

The trouble is that the house has been sold, so there is nowhere in Ambridge for them to move back to. Otherwise, I would find them preferable to any of the characters SO’C introduced instead of them - and I didn’t even like Mike and Vicky, or find them particularly interesting.

1 Like

Perhaps they could buy Blossom Hill Cottage from Usha and Anisha could find somewhere else to live. What happened to the flat over the shop? Hazel still owns the shop and flat, doesn’t she? Did she do it up as she did with Keeper’s Cottage? I know, get rid of Pip and Anisha can rent Rickyard. No chance of that, sadly!

I do miss Mike and Vicky. I also didn’t find either likeable but they added something to the village and besides, I had got used to them!

2 Likes

There must be other, hitherto unnamed, houses in the village which they would be able to afford. At least five or six on the village green are not occupied by people we have ever heard of, and there are seven on the road out past Grey Gables before you get to the Lodge and the Blossom Hill Cottage turnoff. Green Farm and Overton Farm are free, and so is Bull Farm these days. Also there is a wodge of housing up by Bank Farm, on the way to Hillside from Bluebell Cottage…

It could be done if there were a will to do it. Kathy might move out, even!

2 Likes

Glasgow would be favourite

3 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: So, who wants to help … to take refuge in the Cellar?

A post was merged into an existing topic: So, who wants to help … to take refuge in the Cellar?

There are some clever Fish around…

Wink & Snyff

Carinthia.xx

1 Like

Tee, as they say, hee.

Bluddy Show-off…

Carinthia.xx

2 Likes

If I told you how, would that make you happy, or make you wish I would shut up?

1 Like

Couldn’t they dig up some old history if Mike & Vicky returned, I think I heard mention of Mike being injured due to an accident that involved Helen and then Tom covering up for her.

If I remember correctly, surely that could be brought up to put the sanctimonious siblings on the back foot.

I do rather hate the Sausage King and his Mouldy Sister, actually I might add them to my ‘hit list’ :grinning:

4 Likes

Hit with a capital S?

4 Likes

She doesn’t have to add them to that one, Joe.

3 Likes

I remember Mike did bring the incident up with Tom once when Tom was holding forth about something Brenda had done that had caused him to say ‘I don’t know you any more’ and break off their relationship. I forget the details but I do remember Mike saying something to the effect that Tom had no reason to criticise Brenda since he had broken the law himself and Tom replying - yes, sanctimoniously - that he had done what he did in a good cause. Gosh, if I could have loathed the Sausage King more at that point, I would have. I think whatever Terrible Thing Brenda did was for Tom’s sake, too. Something to do with Matt and Chalky but I don’t think it matters.

By the way, it was a different accident that caused Mike to lose his eye. He wasn’t seriously hurt when Hellqueen ran him over (not literally over) I don’t think).

Sadly it’s too late for Tom and Helen to get done for perverting the cause of justice but a little gossip might not come amiss if Mike were, say, to have a drop too many in The Bull and it all came tumbling out. Gossip seems to have made come-back in Ambridge now that Rob has gone …

4 Likes

What Brenda had done wrong was try to get some financial backing for Tom when Brian wanted quit of him, and approach Matt, as far as I remember. If that was the case, Tom’s reply to Mike was an admission that Tom and his sausages were not a good cause, wasn’t it. Tee, as they say, hee.

3 Likes

Poor Brenda, she was eventually convinced that Tom and his sausages indeed were not a good cause! So Tom was on his high horse because it was ‘dirty money’ I suppose. What a nasty little chap he was to her.

What has always puzzled me about Tom is that you would think someone as full of himself as he is would deeply resent the different treatment he and his sister get. This latest thing, upping the mortgage on the farm to finance his sister’s legal bills including her divorce, well, you’d think he get in a bit of a snit about that. Or about the fact that Pat never allows him to have an opinion if it differs from Helen’s. But no, he’s unfailingly loyal. Helen is allowed to tell him off, but when she makes a mess of things he is nothing but supportive. I remember her confessing she’d been having an affair with Rob (when Rob had broken it off) and he was amazingly kind and uncritical to her yet she never returns the favour. She was quite mean to him when he confided in her about Kirsty.

I suppose he doesn’t dare do or say anything against her because he knows there would be huge fallout from his parents. I just keep hoping one day he’ll get a bit fed up with her.

2 Likes

I think that is half-right: what he is afraid of is not the fallout from Pat and Tony – he is happy enough to go against them if he feels like it. And he used to have no qualms about having long rows with Helen back in the days BG (Before Greg).

What he has more recently feared has been the fallout from Helen herself. If she stopped eating again and starved herself successfully this time, he would feel guilty of her death.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t feeling a bit guilty be a price more than worth paying to get the whole business rather than a half-share? Or half rather than a third, depending on current status of the serf.

4 Likes

You and I might think so, but Tom might remember that she has already spawned and he would have to share with the spawn.

1 Like