So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Dear me.
This, plus Armers’ venture into, shall we say, extravagant footwear makes one wonder whether the dreaded L. iberace bacterium has been unleashed on an unsuspecting Cellar…

4 Likes

That’'s not a swimming pool, that’s soup

4 Likes

Indeed, Gus

Good fer me Arthriticky Rheumaticky joints, though

Pauses to get the full effects of the lurid pink halo

Sighs

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I hope that’s not Pampas Grass Joseph !!

5 Likes

Thatizz a Wonderful W#rk Space, joe. Those Hens will be delighted to have you in their midst.

No such wonderful weather, here. Grey, cool, breezy - typical funeral weather and it ‘went’ well. ‘Amazing Grace’ has more verses than in the hymnal. This was a bit ovva problem, as church members were asked to use the hymnal and others had the order of service to warble by - all verses provided. Pat would have laughed like a drain at our collective discomfort :grin:

We have made That Cake (thanks again, Gus) as Sis will be staying with us forra few days, come Sunday. It’ll freeze. Vegetable sambar is on the go, and I intend to make some mushroom paté, too.

Soo xx

5 Likes

This has been discussed at length elsethread! It is:

1. not visible from the road, and
  2. somewhere for wayward chickens1 to hide when they object to being shut in for the night2

1Is there any other kind?
2So we know exactly where to look

5 Likes

Ooo back from dentist one invisible and unfeelable filling done

The dear wee birdies halo matches my pink heffalump bikinki

6 Likes

Matching excessories - very tasteful, I must say.
Soo xx

4 Likes

That was an entertaining and educational read, Spadger: thank you.
Have been pondering on why I disliked TWOO so much - and that takes some pondering since I haven’t seen the whole thing at a sitting since childhood - and there are two main reasons. The first is the “and it was all a dream” type resolution. I always felt that was cheating, and also, although I couldn’t have articulated it at the time, the ‘down home on the farm is best, stay with what you know’ morality quite possibly got up my cute little nose even then. Interestingly, I understand that the adventures of Dorothy in the book are not ‘all a dream’.
The second - I found something about Dorothy herself deeply creepy. I now think it was perceiving her variation in real age throughout the film, the fact that a sexually mature female was portraying a general ‘child’ - and hell, there’s something pretty weird about Judy Garland anyway. Again, not something I could either have articulated or even formulated at the time.
And it was alien. Not connecting to any of my mental fairytale furniture then or now. That it doesn’t now probably means that Baum’s stuff is truly original; then, it just struck me as ‘wrong’. Not interesting wrong, just - not interesting.

I have always rather hankered after a psammead

4 Likes

Almost as big a cop-out as “And we was twins all the time”

And if some poor benighted soul among you has not yet met Screwy Squirrel, here you go, my pretties:

4 Likes

I don’t like Alice in Wonderland either…

Don’t laugh, but I have put my heating on…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Not laughing. Miz. It’s June on Friday, fps. Pore Chatelaine.
G xxx

3 Likes

Mr C & a friend once ordered Gluhwein on July 27th in Carinthia . We had been at a musical evening by the lake, & it was ferkin freezing…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

no excuse for that, ever

Even so: see above ;- )

4 Likes

I quite agree, Gus

He used to like Hot Toddies too

And Hot Milk

I used to have to hold my nose when mixing them …

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Time forra bee bed.
Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

4 Likes

Gin, Soo

Leave my Pernod in peace…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Ahem
I think you will find that hot whiskey is medical

5 Likes

Not if it makes you boak, Twellies.

4 Likes

Mr Gus certainly thought so and would assault me with it when I was beset by colds or similar and therefore too feeble to resist. He meant well, but it made me feel a deal iller than I did in the first place. Funnily enough, my mother had a similar problem with the Pa, although his medicinal weapon of choice was rum.

I have no problems with manufacturing hot toddies for people, it’s the drinking 'em I object to.
Hot milk is an abomination. OK, hot milk with a very tiny admixture of black treacle is useful in the case of a persistent cough/wakeful child situation. Special Pirate Medicine. But other than that…

4 Likes