So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Almost as big a cop-out as “And we was twins all the time”

And if some poor benighted soul among you has not yet met Screwy Squirrel, here you go, my pretties:

4 Likes

I don’t like Alice in Wonderland either…

Don’t laugh, but I have put my heating on…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Not laughing. Miz. It’s June on Friday, fps. Pore Chatelaine.
G xxx

3 Likes

Mr C & a friend once ordered Gluhwein on July 27th in Carinthia . We had been at a musical evening by the lake, & it was ferkin freezing…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

no excuse for that, ever

Even so: see above ;- )

4 Likes

I quite agree, Gus

He used to like Hot Toddies too

And Hot Milk

I used to have to hold my nose when mixing them …

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Time forra bee bed.
Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

4 Likes

Gin, Soo

Leave my Pernod in peace…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Ahem
I think you will find that hot whiskey is medical

5 Likes

Not if it makes you boak, Twellies.

4 Likes

Mr Gus certainly thought so and would assault me with it when I was beset by colds or similar and therefore too feeble to resist. He meant well, but it made me feel a deal iller than I did in the first place. Funnily enough, my mother had a similar problem with the Pa, although his medicinal weapon of choice was rum.

I have no problems with manufacturing hot toddies for people, it’s the drinking 'em I object to.
Hot milk is an abomination. OK, hot milk with a very tiny admixture of black treacle is useful in the case of a persistent cough/wakeful child situation. Special Pirate Medicine. But other than that…

4 Likes

Saves on the ipecac, dere: definitely Medical. Just not necessarily very well received.

4 Likes

I was brought up on them, weak, & prolly for their sleep inducing qualities & they remained my Father’s Medicinal of Choice until he died, but the thought of them, let alone the smell, makes me heave

Mr C liked them with Rum too

Double Heave

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

No heavin’ tonight, eh? Nice soothing summats to go to bed with.

Busy day tomorrow, then off Birminghamwards for a long working weekend.

5 Likes

A busy Sparrer is a Thirsty Sparrer, so: [nice pitcher] [niche beer] [brummagen innoculations and safe flappitings]

4 Likes

You could probably leave out “busy” from that, Gus… alas, I will mostly be at the NEC so probably won’t get any Proper Beer. Hey ho.

Light mist this morning.

yardarm

5 Likes

Morning folks

I will be going to the black pool for a review of my blud

Thank heavens for cars with air conditioning

5 Likes

“Still wet, still red.”

5 Likes

Waiting for a 'phonecall from the Orsepiddle

Am still chasing (!) the Orthotics…

Carinthia.xx