So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Naan worked out very well - though making six was a bit over the top. Next time I’ll halve the quantities. I just followed this recipe:

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/198/naan-bread.aspx

The boss was making a Thai chicken curry, so it was a bit “fusion”, but definitely worked. The texture of the bread is wonderful - very light and spongy. That might be because I let it prove for a fairly long time, and the yoghurt seems to send the yeast into overdrive. I’m thinking of making it into buns and using it the next time I do the burgers.

Two things to note:

Even with the quantities given in the recipe, there’s not enough to use a mixer effectively - better to mix and knead by hand

Which brings us to the second point: the mix is VERY sticky until it comes together - make sure both the worktop and your hands are well floured.

4 Likes

Or, just chuck a bit ovva crappy batter together, and depend on the next Masterful step. Yet to be imagined.

Luv to the Chooks,
Soo xx

3 Likes

Thinking about it, I reckon it would cook very well on a pizza stone - should give that authentic tandoor feel. I’ve been looking for an excuse to get one…

3 Likes

Don’t ferget yer Gin, Soo

There has been no mention of Leftovers from the Barbecue ,or Beer Tent

Snell Snyff

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

well oiled is better. Well I would say that woudn’t I? But in general when dealing with dough, oil rather than flour the surfaces and hands. She typed, greasily…

The naan sounds spectacularly gorgeous, and I wouldn’t sneeze at The Boss’s Thai Curry either. That’s a lie, tbh: tonight, I sneeze at everything. But it’s not a criticism. Send Thai curry, this is a non-medical emergency…

4 Likes

Wheeeeeeeeee tiddly tseep.

leftovers? No such thing. There may be some fat eating at the Fishly-Dunnock Household for a few days. But leftovers? Never!

5 Likes

There is Beer, and there are still goatburgers which will Need Eating. Also sausages, and sausages with chilli in 'em wot I can’t eat…

4 Likes

Cook the goatburgers, Fishy

Ignore any Sossinge wiv chilli

Have an 'Normous Slammer & put yer fins up forra bit

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

zizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

5 Likes

blup, blup bluppple?
I don’t speak Fanta but the language of bubbles is universblup.

4 Likes

:fish::zzz:
:bird::zzz::

5 Likes

Zed to the sixth, on a household basis?

Sleep tight, Fishly-Dunnocks.

4 Likes

BiL 'phoned me from Menorca at 12-45 am

It’s 1-45 there, & he was trying to check his messages & pressed the wrong button…

He can’t get the right button when he’s sober, & he certainly wasn’t sober…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I imagine you are slightly-less-than-sobered orff, Dahlink. Not that I can talk…
Well I probably could if pressed. To the extent of " who are you and stop pressing me", not a lot further.
Get the heid back doon, wumman. Cursing rhythmically can be very sleep-inducing.
Otherwise, try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n99pGnO_o not that it is by any means intended as a lullaby. But it twangs the mind and heart back into place. Well, mine anyway
G xx

4 Likes

You think that’s bad? I once did the usual small hours panic to finish corrections to a piece that had to be submitted next day. Finally, about 4am, I saved the finished file as a PDF, set up a fax to send off next day, shut down the computer and went to bed.

Half an hour later the phone rings. I’m about to give someone an earful when, well let’s just say I wasn’t aware that the system automatically sent queued faxes on shutdown - and kept retrying until successful…

6 Likes

Ah the dear and long-lost days of sodding fax-machines, the blue remembered pills (no not them, not in those days), the toner cartidge wot went pouff! and wrote off me cream silk little shrug bolero, the correcting the Spanish spelling of me first-ever trainee though he knew I didn’t speak it and he did (that was a Witch badge…) and the numbers that would ring one back, repeatedly, trying to send one’s phone a fax.
Actually I do miss those times, in a start-up; the enthusiasm and the innocence. And the proof-reading (ahem, says the worst typist on TAR)
Gx

6 Likes

He had been away for a week before he remembered to contact me at all

Sigh

I don’t think that I was ever Techie enuff to fax anything …:wink:

I will look at the Link tomorrow, as I am using the Kindle Fire ATM

I’ll have a glass of summat though…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

When I were a productive member of society (Whaddya mean productive? peelers don’t make things Ed) there was an allegedly secure computer managed communication system

There was a back up computer in case of the main computer’s site going bang as police stations were wont to do then

Location of the back up?

Beside the main machine!

Dontcha love the thinking of senior peelers at times?

5 Likes

Oh, the sun. The sun. The infernal heat. When will it stop, I ask you ? When ? I can’t take much more if this.

5 Likes

Things not to do after a toner spill: try to clean it up with a normal hoover.

Tiny particles, go right through the filters, and once they’re in a fine mist across the room they may in fact explode…

yardarm

5 Likes