So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

Hokay, to make it Tagine Bil Sfargal, forget the pears and instead use 3 quinces weighing in total approx 1kg (these would be the socking great ones sold in Middle Eastern shops; if you have smaller domestic quinces, adapt accordingly for the same total weight).

Scrub but do not peel the quinces and boil them whole until they feel soft - approx 1 hour for the monster ones, but it does vary quite a bit) Drain, quarter and cut out the cores, leaving the skin on. Saute in sunflower oil until the cut sides caramelise a bit - or you can cheat and use less oil and a bit of butter and honey, but that comes up v sweet in the end dish. Add to the meat, skin-side down and cook until they are properly soft. Like the pears, they needs watching as they find it highly humorous to fall apart on you. Serve with them skin-side up.

3 Likes

More thanking you. That’s triffic.

I have nothing to contribute; I am working on the Fallon entry for the directory, and thanking God fasting that she is not so all over the village as Emma was in 2004.

4 Likes

(yawnity)

Pleasant cool cloudy day. Looks like time forra

yardarm

4 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Bedpost notches

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bedpost notches

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bedpost notches

I am just in off my hammock…

So a nice beer would be nice

Please?

2 Likes

vooooooosh!

[pourity] [pourity] [pourity] [pourity]

3 Likes

Can’t be arsed to dust the existing yardarm, so here is a new one. Yardaaaaaarm! Not before time, I reckon.

Didn’t tell you about the other morning, did I? I had had a truly lousy night and was sort of dozing late when I heard Rob Cowan say ‘You know, if you want to have your mother shot…’ and I thought, steady on there, old thing, that’s a little harsh. Took me quite a minute after waking to work out it was that incredibly annoying ‘brainteaser’ patch of the morning, and what the poor bloke had said was ‘if you know, or if you want to have another shot’ & etc…

Sometimes I worry

4 Likes

S’what we need on 'ere. Innit.

A daily brainteaser.

4 Likes

Frankly, dahling, I’d settle for a guaranteed daily brain. Can’t tease what’s not there.

4 Likes

I have been having one of those yawning days.

4 Likes

I wish I had one of those. You can’t get them around here.

3 Likes

Over-rated…

3 Likes

Pore fish. Strokes scales gingerly. Which for the record does not mean ‘rubs stingy raw ginger the wrong way up from the tail’, ok?
Care to join me in the Screaming Room?

3 Likes

All right, here’s an easy one. If the answer to 6 is 3; the answer to 12 is 6; but the answer to 10 is not 5… what is the answer to 8?

2 Likes

That’d be Five

2 Likes

‘Not today, thank you’ < Slam! >?

4 Likes

Nahh. It’s the relative improbability, of the first 26 stars in the Sirius constellation, divided by the individual magnitudes. Innit?

Any fule knoe that.

3 Likes

No astrotaurophysics. No dogs. No ball games. No throwing stones at this notice, either.

3 Likes