So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

Joe has said what I was going to say

Mine has a 30minute ‘quick wash’ programme, at 45 degrees, & I just throw a tablet onto the bottom of the machine rather than using a dispenser

The Eco programme on my machine (a Bosch) actually takes the longest…

I don’t use salt or rinse aid, but do use good quality tablets, like Finish, or Fairy

Nurse took some more blood, wrote me my prescription & sent me on my way laughing

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Yes, we’ve got a Bosch and the eco takes an age. I use the shortest program with the tab in the dispenser. Glad you left nurse with a chuckle

5 Likes

The wind is howling, & the Wheelie Bins are starting to dance…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Flapjacks have happened. Any takers? Dates and coconut are involved. Not recommended for conflict situations.

4 Likes

I’ll swap you. I made desiccated coconut macaroons today. I have spares.

5 Likes

Spares? Does not compute…

BTW Have just put a song on the jukebox for you: On the Juke-Box Today

3 Likes

Why am I thinking of Dwarf Bread?

4 Likes

Dunno wot the sky’s like today 'cos I’m off work for the rest of the year & staying in me nest.

yardarm

anyway.

5 Likes

Morning al from the windy cold west

At least the swear word on the forecast has not happened

Yet…

5 Likes

Scotland is apparently getting another Windpocalypse tomorrow.

Sky is grey, and full of rain and Grate Big Birds.

5 Likes

Scotland gets the wevver after we test it for them

And sends us sner and such like

Very glad the heating has been fettled earlier this week by proper fettler folk

Bacon butties?

Hot fresh bread on table with soft spreadable butter beside it

I have retreated to the cooking of bacon on the range

Some folk stampede faster than a nun to a bun when hot buttered crusts are around

5 Likes

Possibly because I was?

4 Likes

Bacon butties is allus welcome.

[pourity] [pourity]

5 Likes

There will be More Sossinges today

The Other Butcher has made some called ‘Spire’, & they are rather good

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

What I need to do is use enough plates and mugs to make it worth while to run the wupeen. Only it has to be ones I am sure are wupeen-proof, and so far that is one plate since it arrived yesterday, because I forgot to have supper in all the excitement.

3 Likes

Oh Fishy !

I run mine most days, even though there’s only me , but with mine, I have the option just to use the top rack if I haven’t got very much

Do all the odd glasses hanging around - not precious or engraved stuff . It’s very satisfying to see how they sparkle afterwards

Another thing - I always used to put the wupeen on at night, ditto washeen , but since I have had the solar panels, I have to remember to use the eens during the day

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Yes, I had thought of that as an important thing. But thank you for the reminder that if it is to be used today, it ought to be reasonably soon. The new stock-pot is going to be delivered today too. (Black Friday actually has its uses, so long as you don’t go anywhere near a shop.)

3 Likes

The wupeen is working on a load of glasses and plates, with one mug and one bowl, and I have made the discovery that once you have clicked on “start” for a given programme, you cannot then change your mind when you realise it is the wrong one, a “normal” rather than a “rapid” as you had intended. Oh well.

It is so quiet that I can’t hear it, and keep feeling that I have to go and check that nothing has gone wrong.

5 Likes

There’s quite a bit to learn,Fishy

I have washed at least 2 full loads without benefit ovvan wupeen tablet

Nobody died

Carinthia.xx

ETA Hailstones in Chesterfield

4 Likes

You are not a bona fide DW owner until you have used it to steam clean your specs and/or the floor at least once…

What make is it? There is usually combination of buttons you press to cancel a cycle - generally two non-adjacent ones to prevent you hitting it accidentally.

4 Likes