So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

When you do, treat it with the respect it deserves.

Well, if you want a real cocktail…

3 Likes

A splendid personage! Does he have a name?

1 Like

What a lovely chap.

2 Likes

I almost forgot:

#yardaaaaaaaaaaaaaarm!

1 Like

That’s our Soo - the Accidental (or should that Accidentoo?) Roo, last seen trying to appease the late lamented Katie: Free Range Eggs, & other Musings

He’s grown into quite the charmer, I have to say.

3 Likes

Handsome. Bet he knows it, too.

2 Likes

May I just comment the cellarites for their superhuman restraint in terms of comment on the Accidentoo Roo. - are you all feeling quite well?

And no, don’t pretend you don’t know what I mean.

3 Likes

No pretence: I don’t. What do you mean, Gus?
(Someone has to be the sucker.)

The obvious comment on that superb picture of a fine specimen of a bird being ‘Oh, what a magnificent cock’. Thassorl.

You might regret the phrasing of the post to which I am replying now, but you did ask :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Which is why we tend to refer to him as a roo! TBH I thought it was going to be about the name, which Janie picked up on when I first mentioned him: Free Range Eggs, & other Musings

3 Likes

I am using Memory. The stuff between my ears as opposed to the bit of a computer that I am not at all sure I understand.

Gawds, FantaFish
Not sure I have any of that left

Flumps & looks around for an 'Normous Drink

It has been a bitovva day here

Carinthia.xx

1 Like

You aintarfavin those at the moment, are you?

Slammer?

(I was going to bed, you do realise that don’t you?)

1 Like

Thank-you, FantaFish

Yerss

Had a visit from the Police to say that my NDNs had been burgled on Monday night & they wondered if they had crossed my garden to get away

Sigh

Only Cats & Bluddy Foxes cross my garden, onna daily basis

Heard of another death too, so it’s all fun here ATM

F’Dave did the Service/MOT/put me a Noo Battery on though, so that’s 1 less thing on me List

Thank-you for the drink

Carinthia.xx

2 Likes

Car batteries don’t seem to last as well these days. Though I’ve been lucky recently.

yardarm

since I’m here…

3 Likes

You were luckier than a friend of mine who lived in a five-storey house with a small back yard and a garage at the end of it. The police were Hotly Pursuing someone one night across the front of her house, and one of them enthusiastically broke into her garage to make sure the villain had not managed to scale the eighteen foot wall which would have given access to this yard but which led nowhere further, in order to get cornered behind her house.

After several weeks she and her husband gave up trying to get any compensation for the destruction and paid for a new garage door so that villains would not have access to the basement through the unclosable remains the police had left behind them.

3 Likes

That sounds eminently Plod to me. Numpties.
Mind you, my maternal grandfather was a Met. policeman and by no means a numpty, so it doesn’t follow. A cousin, on the other hand…

2 Likes

It wasn’t the numptieness that upset her; it was the blank refusal to admit that the incident had happened at all. And that includes the hot pursuit, with the helicopter hovering overhead, the entire neighbourhood woken and leaning out of windows to see what was going on, and the solitary crash from the back of her house, where she could see policemen gathered in the mews-bit where there was access to her garage when she rushed to that side of the house to see what the hell was going on.

That won’t have been the actual policemen, it will have been whatever bureaucratic wunch of bankers in charge of the police (not) paying compensation to the public when things have got (sniff) Broke.

2 Likes

The battery is 6 years old & was becoming unreliable, unfortunately.

I don’t use the car every day, but need it to start, when I do IYSWIM

I will take advantage of the Yardarm, as there is Sortage & Flingage taking place at Carinthia Towers today

Liberates Pitcher

Carinthia.xx

1 Like