So, who wants to help ... to take refuge in the Cellar?

Unset of purpose, give me the funnels!
'Tis but the fruit of years to fear a liquid jelly.
If it do ooze, admingle wool of bat,
Steep well, and turn thee to the booze…

5 Likes

Goodnight to those who are going

Appropriate Nightcaps poured

I appear to have done Buggerall this evening

Hey Ho

Carinthia.xx

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Time well spent, if you ask me.

4 Likes

[quote=“Carinthia, post:5349, topic:177”]
appear to have done Buggerall this evening
[/quote]Good wumman. I trust you put your back into it and thoroughly embraced the doing of Buggerall. It is the best way, trust me ;- )
Have another nightcap, just for safety’s sake, dere Chatelaine.
G xxxx

4 Likes

Anyone else awake?

4 Likes

Awake, but somewhat incommunicado. You OK Jen?

4 Likes

Fair to middling, ta, joe.

4 Likes

Morning all

Bacon butties and fresh hot bread rolls with butter here

I will pop em on the table and retire to the gin lake sharpish

5 Likes

Lightly textured grey today. Great big cold air mass coming in tomorrow night forra chilly weekend.

yardarm

anna sparrer-shaped hole through a butty.

5 Likes

Oh Gus

Have Severial Hugs

Was awake, but made myself stay in bed

Have seen a few too many 5 o’clocks without sleep recently

Someone elseboard describes it as feeling like a boiled owl, & I agree with her

I hope that you are feeling less troubled today

Friend & I went to do the last of the Shoeboxes this morning, & I am seeing the Nurse this afternoon, so will deffo need an Medicinal or 3 when I get back

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Today’s excitement is the delivery of a dishwasher. I have never owned a dishwasher. Well, there was one here when we arrived, but it was Huge and we never used it, and in the end it had to go in order to make way for a water-softener. So I have only ever used my mother’s antique and utterly unsatisfactory Colston, the sort which only got things clean of you had washed them before you put them in it, given to her circa 1969. And then only when she was not in the house nor expected back, because when she was around the only person who could load it properly was her.

It is a very diddy one, suited only to German crockery and cutlery; ie it doesn’t have room on its mug-tray bit for an actual mug, only a teacup, nor for a 10" dinner-plate in its plate-racks, only side-plates; but it will take bowls and mugs just fine if one ignores the teacup-stand, and thus reduce the strain of dirty dishes piling up beside the main sink where one wants to be able to chop veg. It’s the umpteen things during a day which are the real problem there, not the saucepans and chopping-boards which happen all at once and get washed up as you go along in a sink full of hot soapy water and put immediately onto the draining-rack.

Now all that is the necessary washing-up machine (hereafter wupeen) detergent, and “liquid rinse-aid” whatever that is. Oh, and at least one kilo of special safe-for-wupeens salt, apparently – do I really need that, when the water here already has water-softener salt in it? they say that I do; and the instructions are very clear that ordinary table salt won’t do because it may cause corrosion, or something. Huh? Salt is salt, isn’t it? Still, who am I to argue?

All terribly exciting. or not. I am making up my mind about that.

4 Likes

Just buy 3in1 tablets so you don’t need to faff around with salt and finishing stuff.
Ooh! Just noticed it’s dark enough for the outside lights to start shining. Quandary - shall I set them to twinkle or is that too hard?

3 Likes

Apparently “Detergent tablets are only for the models with 3 in 1 function or 3 in 1 programme”, which it seems not to have.

2 Likes

If your water’s already softened, you almost certainly don’t need the salt. If in doubt, buy the 3-in-1 tabs and you won’t need the rinse aid either. We put some in occasionally, but we’re in an exceptionally hard water area

Sorry - delay in posting, so I see Marjorie got there first! Never heard of a “3 in 1 function or 3 in 1 programme”, so either that’s bolleaux or we’ve been getting it wrong for years. Just call us the Carlow Poisoners…

3 Likes

They are very determined about 3-in-1 tablets only being appropriate for the longer cycles because they take longer to dissolve than powder does, and I will always want to use the shortest or “eco” programme, I suspect. I think I will play safe and follow instructions for the time being, then get bolder later.

3 Likes

On a full cycle, the detergent is released after a few minutes pre-wash. The quick wash (30’) programme doesn’t do that, so you don’t use the dispenser, just drop the tab onto the middle of floor of the machine.

3 Likes

Joe has said what I was going to say

Mine has a 30minute ‘quick wash’ programme, at 45 degrees, & I just throw a tablet onto the bottom of the machine rather than using a dispenser

The Eco programme on my machine (a Bosch) actually takes the longest…

I don’t use salt or rinse aid, but do use good quality tablets, like Finish, or Fairy

Nurse took some more blood, wrote me my prescription & sent me on my way laughing

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Yes, we’ve got a Bosch and the eco takes an age. I use the shortest program with the tab in the dispenser. Glad you left nurse with a chuckle

5 Likes

The wind is howling, & the Wheelie Bins are starting to dance…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Flapjacks have happened. Any takers? Dates and coconut are involved. Not recommended for conflict situations.

4 Likes