Achieved so far today

Throw it … throw it !!

3 Likes

It’s cuddly…

1 Like

If it’s cuddly, it’s probably furry. Furry is Not Good in cookware.

2 Likes

The Mrs Shanks story has been read aloud at Cumbria Towers, to much hilarity, Armitage, and LadySusan and I were wondering if the top oven was to be gas and the bottom electric, or did Mrs Shanks want the entire thing in gas with a top grill? We will be unable to rest until satisfied upon that point.

5 Likes

Good detail. I like that.

The preference was both ovens to be gas … that is what we had previously. However, she could get her head around, if not necessarily IN, an electric oven, but she definitely, definitely wanted a gas upper oven/grill. She wanted the control of the grill which a gas control allows.

We could find gas single ovens or all electric ones … of course … but not what was wanted. Believe me, I searched.

5 Likes

I went through the same process a few years ago, since that was what was preferred in our household too: some of the old Cannon stoves had an electric oven and gas hob and grill. In the end we were forced to accept an electric grill, and get a separate gas hob so that it was still possible to make a proper omelette. (We had to get it plumbed in too, because the previous worktop hob was electric.)

Then I had the fun of locating a hob with one very hot burner at the front (for the omelettes) rather than at the back for some reason I have never quite understood because the back is for simmering things, surely? Making an omelette at the back of the hob is needlessly contortionist.

4 Likes

But making an omelette at the back of the hob while the front burner is also on is how you learn to make one exceedingly quickly and correctly. A little bit of professional kitchen sadism to file away ;- )

4 Likes

I have been making them for fifty years or so and have probably got the trick of it by now if I am ever going to!

5 Likes

Today’s achievement is learning how to do video / audio editing in Final Cut Pro. Or at least it will be once it downloads.

Still, there’s plenty of time; the project deadline isn’t until tomorrow…

5 Likes

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek…

3 Likes

Today I exchanged contracts on the house and will shortly be a Bristolian. Off to stock up on several gallons of wine :grin::yum::grin:

7 Likes

Whereabouts in Bristol? I used to live there, off Blackboy Hill.

2 Likes

I was going to say ‘be careful, there are some strange people Brissle way’ but then I saw the first reply to your post… :smirk:

Axtually, what I was really going to say, of course, is Jolly good! Cheers! Congrats! and similar things…

2 Likes

Does anyone else, like me, put a new looroll in place for the several hundred thousandth time this lifetime and start to wonder what the point is of everything?

I admit that this may have been brought on by trying to iron the packaging-creases out of the blackout liners, following the instructions and using a cool iron, to No Effect Whatsoever…

3 Likes

The real woollen blackout liners, attract moths.
The artificial-wool blackout liners, attract artificial moths. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I will keep an eye out for artificial moths. We have an artificial butterfly by the fishpond…

2 Likes

Is it an artificial fish-pond or an artificial-fish pond?

2 Likes

No. Not even slightly.

1 Like

Paintworks. Daughter’s buying there and I’ve kept the paddock to build in. Exciting times!

2 Likes

Thanks. Fizz is being drunk. :beers:

2 Likes