Ah, a promotion for Tracy! Vice-Captain!

Captain of Vice! - sounds right up her street! Go Tracy! Well done, Trace! Don’t forget your sledge-hammer! Your’e gonna need it!

4 Likes

That is a promotion which won’t last. If she goes on as she did yesterday, there will be complaints about her to the league. Or whatever it is that they play in Ambridge/Darrington/Loxley Barrett and so on.

What I would like to know is how she was able to be promoted by the captain into the position usually held by the acting captain, who was present at the time.

4 Likes

One can only assume that Plank is stepping down permanently. Even then, wouldn’t this be a decision for the committee?

4 Likes

It always has been before.

4 Likes

But Ambridge is a world where precedent is invalid. If you could rely on things often being as they had been before, we wouldn’t have the Amazing Expanding Flat Above the Shop.

6 Likes

The flat above the shop existed when Sid and Polly Perks lived in it back in the sixties.

3 Likes

Yeah, but how many bedrooms? And the space above The Bull, and whether Robert Snell is a horrible person this week, and…

4 Likes

Of course he’s horrible, this week and any other: only a deeply horrible individual would have deliberately married Lynda and suffered her to live.
Man’s a blithering idiot.

5 Likes

But now the bunting is turning up, it might signal the end of the endemic amnesia…

(Presumably their attendance wasn’t too good for English, either)

Oh, and from the same article*:

Television personality and blogger, Jillian Harris, knows design and home décor, not to mention she’s a DYI professional!

I think it means she works for Dignitas…

*https://inspirationthatsticks.3m.com/post-it/get-togethers/how-to-create-party-bunting-with-post-it-notes-2

4 Likes

Honests to Gods, masters joes, I don’t know how you find these things.

3 Likes

Especially after the massive* police operation in Ambridge failed.

*Portly, anyway

3 Likes