Ben has a good imagination

He imagines he exists?

4 Likes

I like the ‘shooting his mouth off’ line, too. Yes, quite the little chatterbox, isn’t he?

4 Likes

It goes with his ‘artistic’ bent, Janie.

4 Likes

Pip is a pain. She doesn’t tell Ben anything, and then objects to his noticing that she is being all conspiratorial and saying that she is. And he ought to be told about this baby, because it does actually effect him: he is likely to be thrown out of the house to make room for her and her brat, and he will be taking his GCSEs this summer and starting his A-levels at the end of it, and he does not need to be treated as Phoebe was in the run-up to her GCSEs. And if he isn’t thrown out he will have to share a room with Josh and a house with a yelling baby.

5 Likes

Agreed, but my hope is that Pip moves back to Brookfield to be fussed over by Jill and Ruth and the boys get Rickyard. Imagine if Pip thinks she should keep Rickyard and have the run of Brookfield whenever she feels like eating there or dumping the wailing brat before disappearing back to Rickyard for some ‘me’ time.

I wouldn’t mind the thought of Ruth’s slumber being disturbed and everyone getting on each others’ nerves while the boys have a lovely time at Rickyard.

4 Likes

True, but Josh finds sharing with Ben problematic.

3 Likes

They’d be sharing a cottage but not a room and might be united in loathing all the fuss about the baby and the adulation of Pip.

4 Likes

Josh will probably come to the rescue and sell it on. Either ‘as seen’ or for spare parts.

6 Likes

Love it, brilliant suggestion!

Oops, I meant to say how cruel, how could you, an innocent chiyuld …

5 Likes

Can’t see why. If you had to share with anyone, Ben would be ideal. You’d hardly know he was there…

4 Likes

Apparently he plays loud music.

(To which the sensible answer would be Buy him some headphones, but Josh’s answer was to wander the village looking for somewhere to use as an office.)

3 Likes