Ben

Will he ever be heard from again? WR is more involved in Ruairí’s future than his. I have a strong suspicion that he’s going to be quietly forgotten about. Lots more opportunities for “drama” (read: shoutiness) in a two-way fight over the Brookfield Incompeteheritance, followed by a prolonged feud than if it’s obvious that some sort of split is necessary, as it would be in a three-way division.

And yes, I know that the farm could just as easily be split two ways, but:

1. it wouldn’t be noisy enough;
  2. much has always been made of Handing On The Farm (witness the current Home Farm shenanigans).
4 Likes

Ben is definitely a problem for them particularly now when a prominent storyline, the aftermath of Nic’s death, involves Jake, who has an actor and three other silent children if we count Georgie who are silent. There’s Mia, whose actions are being reported in a stunningly awkward way, Poppy-poor-little-mite is also sobbing in the background, Georgie is complaining that Jake is being favoured over him - yet we hear not a word from any of them. Then again, things are happening that affect Ruairi, but he too is silent.

With all of that utterly bonkers plotting going on - and you’d think they’d have learnt from Henwy that if you make a child crucial to a storyline you need to have a credible actor and some plausible dialogue - how on earth would Ben be permitted to utter a word? Sorry Ben, it’s on your bike or in your room.

I think they’ve got a non-farming career in mind for Ben. Josh’s business will eventually move to other premises. Nothing must stand in Pip’s way.

5 Likes

And rightly so.

Makes it easier to get a clear shot.

5 Likes

It would be interesting to see a list of when each character last spoke - if ever! For those with too much (or just enough!) time on their hands for such an endeavour…

4 Likes

One such already exists somewhere. She said helpfully.

3 Likes

There are the cast-lists, and Lowfield, which can be searched in a jiffy. About whom do you want to know, Kara?

3 Likes