Bill the Fat Cat

Almost all cats are not-stupids.

3 Likes

Our cat is terrible for scratching the carpet up if she can’t get through a door. Drives us mad! But we won’t be having her declawed :angry:

3 Likes

Our sofa’s starting to look like Simon’s in ‘Simon’s Cat’. (Do you know them? They’re on Youtube.)

1 Like

Love Simon’s Cat :slight_smile: Funny but basicly true to life

1 Like

Clipping is not declawing which, mercifully, is not permitted in the UK and is downright evil.
Clipping can make a cat more comfortable and has remarkably little effects on its propensity to scratch the furniture or not to do so. And whether or not a particular cat goes outside and what it does there doesn’t seem to have any correlation on whether or not it needs a claw clip now and then.
My wonderful giant alleycat adopter (he adopted us, no mistake about it) who could never have been accused of a sedentary, indoor life, had his clipped whenever I managed to wrestle the bugger to the vet.

1 Like

My own spoilt pussy has just forced my iPad off my lap so she can take its place

3 Likes

Blimes, Jade, so you’re now posting on a cat?

Talented, she is.

3 Likes

Ambiguity rules :blush:

3 Likes

Seriously impressive that. :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Yes, as with dogs, modern cats can get too little exercise on hard ground to wear their claws down to a comfortable walking length. If the claws do get too long, walking can be awkward, dew claws can dig into flesh, and their feet spread uncomfortably. Even animals (like mine) that were active enough to keep their claws in order when young can need a bit of help when elderly.

You can only clip or use a nail grinder. Declawing was made illegal here at the same time as tail-docking in dogs.

Anyway returning to our felines, at least Anisha seems sometimes capable of realising when she’s wrong and trying to learn from it.

2 Likes

Yes; she makes elementary errors which she ought to have had dealt with in about third year vet training, let alone the small animal practice in Worcestershire or wherever it was meant to be, and then says that she had better say she is sorry.

It would be better not to have to apologise for idiotic blunders because she didn’t make them.

4 Likes

Quite possibly a leading example of “too much information” there Jade !!

2 Likes

Where’s the smiley Snork when you need it?! :relaxed:

1 Like

Would just like to opine that Anisha has the social skills of a stone. This isn’t the first time she’s been offensive, and so one wonders who might hold a workshop for her and the hapless Harrison who can’t seem to open his orifice without offending women in particular.
She will only be redeemed by exposing Matt’s dodgy horse doping plans.
Re the claw trimming, it’s likely that Bill needed a manicure to aid his scoffing of tinned foie gras purchased from Carter Retail and eaten Whiskas style for the amusement of Peggoi.

The bar for ‘offensive’ strikes me as being set unreasonably low when it suits…

A guinea pig possibly. You wait until Anisha follows up the clipping with some sodium triiodide. snork

If she offends people (and she clearly does) then she is being offensive. No?

That does not follow as a general principle as you very well know and as you would be among the first to point out in other contexts.
One can choose to be offended where no offence was intended, for a start. I could even point out a habitat rich in that phenomenon for further study if you wanted :smirk_cat:

The difference, I think, is that she says things which will offend even those who do not readily offend themselves of the innocent remarks of others; also she lies and cheats and demands her own way, which behaviours are rarely the sign of a person who cares at all what other people may think of her utterances.

1 Like

Like Peggy, you mean?

I’m beginning to suspect that you might have a slight down on Anisha, but I could be wrong.

1 Like