Childless couple's holiday

I would have thought that the very last time for a childless couple to take a holiday would be when all the people with children wanted to because it was the school holidays, and when prices for everything to do with holidays were inflated because it was the only time those with children were allowed to take a holiday. And taking an impulse holiday when everywhere was crowded with families would seem to me to be the time not to, but rather to wait a week or ten days until term started.

Does Usha know something special about this, and is that why she ignored Alan saying that families with children might be on holiday at Easter? “Clergy with children often like to go away after Easter,” he said, meaning he would be unable to find anyone to cover his services in his absence, and Usha (who wants to take a holiday) told him that was because they were tired and so would he be. Yes, Usha, but they might have planned ahead, because they have children and no option about when to take their holiday?

3 Likes

To which add: “If you hadn’t made that stand against sexism and ageism,” said Alan to Usha.

I can see that maybe it was a stand against ageism; it was possible to infer that because Burns hadn’t also got rid of Milly Button, the reason he picked on Usha must have been her age, and nothing to do with her being hopeless with both bat and ball.

But since he was making a special effort to get women involved, and since he didn’t get rid of Molly Button, where was the sexism?

3 Likes

Any exclusion of a female of the Usha stamp, on any grounds, from any activity will by her definition be deemed ageist, sexist and racist.

And she’ll thue and thue until we are heartily thick of her. Actually, scrub that, we are already. Well, I am, anyway.

The SWs have got themselves rather confused all round with this particularly silly storyline.

5 Likes

After Easter, SWs? It’s still Easter for 40 days. And Anglicans customarily hold their parish AGMs in Easter Week. The vicar missing? Hmm.

3 Likes

Speaking as a childless couple, the last time we choose to go away is during the school hols.

5 Likes

Plus … & do correct me here if I’m wrong or confused … he’s a Vicarage. That’s his job. Vicarages are busy around Easter time. It’s like footballers are a bit tied up between August & May and teachers can’t take mid-term fortnights in Crete.

I wonder if Santa Claus’s don’t fancy December off ?

Stupid woman. (that’s descriptive, not sexist in any sense btw).

1 Like

I was just about to post a snarky comment about a vicarage being a building when I realised that autocorrect had changed Armitage to Admirable so I decided not to be an arse.

Happy :rabbit::rabbit::rabbit::rabbit::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::hatching_chick::poultry_leg::poultry_leg:

3 Likes

She’s probably already booked their Christmas skiing break.

2 Likes

Aren’t you the fortunate one: some of us have no choice in the matter :japanese_goblin:

3 Likes

Of course I still have my base level of arsiness, that’s a given.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::rofl:

I use the word deliberately. As it is in Tom Hollander’s “Rev”.

That Said, auto-correct is getting a bit above itself at the moment.

2 Likes

I heard that. Like much in Ambridge, it made no sense whatsoever.

1 Like

sniff sniff

1 Like

Are you RC then, Gus?

1 Like

The Armitage Crighton, it has a certain je ne sais quoi, possibly as hotel one goes to for measurements and fittings by a Hong Kong tailor. No, I think I prefer Shanks, things for striding with in and around Bree. If you like, Armitage, those who wish to could refer to you as Aragorn from now on.

3 Likes

Leg or arm?

S’okay, I’m just getting my coat.

2 Likes