Robert Snell … Graham Blockey
Lynda Snell … Carole Boyd
Hannah … Helen Longworth
Sandeep Johal … Sudha Bhuchar

3 Likes

Sandeep Johal?

2 Likes

Playing Anisha … in drag.

He’s almost 28 & studied norse for 3 months.

3 Likes

Played by Sudha Bhuchar who is a woman. I thought Sandeep was a man’s name. Oh, wait, I’m probably thinking of Sanjeev. Anyhow, haven’t a clue.

Olwen is in this week’s cast list and not the next two, so it looks as though we’ve seen the last of her. It’s the ‘home truths’ episode today, I’m guessing that’s her swan song or hopefully rant.

Ooh, another thing to look forward to this week is ‘at Bridge Farm, relationships curdle and the cheese-making lessons turn sour’. Then Alistair and Lily both have something to confess or at any rate reveal. Could be an exciting week if they don’t all turn out to be the usual damp squids.

2 Likes

There’s no Sandeep in the Lowfield archives.

2 Likes

Probably turn out to be the person who hands out a bollocking to Freddy at the college, then…

Do I win a gazebo if I’m right?

1 Like

I’d say that’s a really good guess except the bollocking takes place this week according to the Radio Times and the character appears in the cast list two weeks later. Still, they’re good at leaving people off the list when it suits them, though in this case it’s hard to see why. It’s not like Jess’s appearance at Helen’s trial (wonder if she regrets that!) or Matt’s return.

2 Likes

So that would be a ‘bad guess, Gus’ then :wink:
I hope your optimism about this week turns out to be justified. Or do I? Conceding that it was not-crap for once might require more fair-mindedness and generosity than I feel equal to at the moment.
Gus is an acronym, it turns out - grumpy ungracious sod

2 Likes

Ha, I see upon re-reading that my post had rather an air of ‘apart from that, Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play’ about it!

I am hoping for major ructions from the ‘home truths’ and the various confessions but in my heart of hearts I know I am doomed to disappointment. You can call me Charlie Brown.

2 Likes

Charlie, it occurs to me that this person will be either Lily’s paramour, owner of the dodgy jacket, or a social worker - complete with stereotypical public sector accent and delivery - persecuting Will & co.

2 Likes

Well I looked up on’t t’interweb …

“Name Sandeep is a Masculine (or Boy) name”, which is as I thought.

3 Likes

Right, that’s what I thought yet the actor’s name, Sudha, is feminine.

[Phew! Left out a comma, thanks goodness we can edit our posts here!]

2 Likes

And an image search suggests that she’s of reasonably mature years. (Of course there may be a more famous Sudha Bhuchar.)

3 Likes

Yes, that’s the one I found, Hedgers. Only it was Sudha Bhuchar, not Bhuchara. I expect the extra ‘a’ in the cast list was a typo.

Ooh, Wiki says, ‘She has appeared in TV soap operas EastEnders and Coronation Street, and created the role of solicitor Usha Gupta in radio soap The Archers.’

She was the original Usha!

3 Likes

And I just formulated this wonderful theory that the current Usha had been kicked into touch and the original one was being reinstated, as happened with Clarrie. That falls down rather on the ‘Sandeep’ point, which luckily I realised before posting…
Let’s face it, I’m too stupid to merit any gazebo at all.

2 Likes