Daily Mail Weekend Magazine Archers Update April 1-6

It’s time for the coffers to be opened and to find out how much money Alan the vicar has raised with his ‘don’t complain in Lent’ wheeze. Shula alone should have put in enough to get St.Stephen’s (late Norman early English and Perpendicular) a brand new bell tower.
The dark forces currently controlling Ambridge have dished out enough cause for complaint. Will broods away his days at Nic’s final resting place, the rafters at Grange Farm and Home Farm ring to the sound of strife, Rex slips up on his chosen path to pig farming, Freddie strays even further off the path of common sense, Helen’s cheese making course turns sour, and one guilty Ambridger fears the facts about the hit and run are about to emerge.

Thanks to Maggiesaes from ‘The Archers in Mustardland’ Board

2 Likes

And not before time - thought the current one was only staying eight years about 20 years ago. On reflection, I may have misread ‘tower’. But the point, as it were, stands.

3 Likes

Hope you noted this:

I was already greatly encouraged that Pat seemed dubious about the profitability of the soddin’ cheese making courses, though as always her doubts were expressed in that apologetic, fearful-of-tantrums, tip-toeing tone that makes me want to slap her.

I wonder what happens. Susan refuses to do the menial work - too busy managing the kefir - and Helen tries to make the clients do it?

3 Likes

Well you have to admit, Janie, needs must. Helen doing the menial work? Don’t be silly.
All in favour of a little sourness, here in the GusBunker.

3 Likes

It’s a shame they don’t make Sabrina Thwaite a speaking part. ‘Isn’t that your job, darling?’ she could say coolly if asked to do the washing up.

3 Likes

Now that is a good thought. But from what I’ve heard of Sabrina, she’d be working blind anyway :wink:

3 Likes