Daily Mail Weekend Magazine Archers Update April 9-14

The odd alliance between the so-called best men Ed and Jim meets its first big challenge. The pair search far and wide for the perfect venue for Jazzer’s stag night, but Jim’s idea of a good time is very different from Ed’s.
While they go on their quest, Adam appears to have made a breakthrough in his search for the wandering cowman Paddy Redmond. Will he be ready for what he finds out about his biological father?
Other blasts from the past howl through Ambridge this week as Tracy has an unexpected confrontation, the Lower Loxley painting debate rages on, and one resident goes too far, causing old memories to come, unwelcome, to the surface.

Thanks to LadySusan of The Ambridge Reporter

5 Likes

As far as I can tell, a modern stag night should be so frightful that the victim never wants to see his “friends” again. [shruggity]

6 Likes

‘His now-fiancée (oh, how he loved that word) elaborated that it was an important and time-observed custom for the groom-to-be to undergo a night out so thoroughly ghastly and traumatic that he would wish to spend the rest of his life exclusively in the company of someone who hadn’t been there.’

One Fine Day in the Middle of the Night, Christopher Brookmyre (when he was still fun)

6 Likes

Thank you, I knew there was something along those lines but had forgotten where it was.

5 Likes

I think this Update had nothing whatever to do with what was in the episodes broadcast on 9th-14th this month, and must have been printed by the DM in error; I do wonder which week it actually refers to!

4 Likes