Daily Mail Weekend Magazine Archers Update Sep 24-29

Justin suggests easing the stress on Lilian by recruiting a wedding planner, but she is reluctant to allow a stranger to take over her big day and tensions mount further between the couple after it becomes clear that Justin is hiding something when he receives a mysterious phone call.
Ian meanwhile is thrilled when Helen comes forward and offers her services as a surrogate mother, but not everyone is so sure it’s a good idea.
Elsewhere the cricket team prepare for their final match against smug Dattington, Kate and Alice’s joint birthday party looks set to be a disaster and there’s joy all round when an old face returns to Ambridge.
Don’t worry here are no spoilers here…

Thanks to maggiesaes from the Bowman board

2 Likes

I can’t think of anybody in TA for the last 10-12 years, who would be welcomed, with “joy all round” unless it’s the return of Nelson. “Joy” is a strange choice of words.

1 Like

Nelson was just faking his death, obviously.

2 Likes

Of course. He’s been off working for MI4.

1 Like

Could it be a Tucker?

3 Likes

Ooh, there’s a thought. And welcome, I haven’t seen you before!

Next week Lucas and Matt are in the cast list but I don’t see anyone unusual in this week’s.

1 Like

More chance of it being Hazel Woolley than a Tucker, I would have thought. :slight_smile:

Lucas and Matt. Ye Gods and little fishes… Talk about scraping the barrel.

Best hope is that we’re finally getting shot of the dead-alive vicar and his missus.

Maybe a return of Janet?

2 Likes

Who’s Janet?
I thought Matt had gone home?

2 Likes

Matt said he was going back to Costa Rica but he is in next week’s cast list. So hooray, he’s back to cause trouble for Justin, I hope.

Janet was the vicar in Ambridge a long while back, I forget when, I wasn’t listening when she was there.

2 Likes

Whatever happened to Richard Locke?
His fling with Elizabeth left hanging…

3 Likes

You don’t seem to be au courant, TA wise, which is probably wise of you.
Tell me, are you a Poster of Kent, or a Kentish poster?
Oh, and ‘Hello’ and things, which as they were done by others upthread I initially overlooked. Sorry. Come in, pull up a Barstool and call the cat a chair. Or something along those lines.

3 Likes

Hello Gus
It’s good to talk!
Hello all!

3 Likes

I am not really here, because I don’t read spoilers, but this is far enough down the thread for me not to see the spoiler so I can drop in and say “Hello! Welcome to the board!”

2 Likes

I’d love to see Charlie. It would bring the ridiculous Ian/Chuckles thing to a head and bring back a strong character.

3 Likes

Charlie wouldn’t fit in with the “joy all round” quote though.
AIR Charlie got up the noses of many of the village. Certainly the Grundys. Also, the Brookfield, BF and Home Farm lot. With his constant interfering.

I think he was very much a character of the SoC era.

2 Likes

True, but joy in Ambridge is such an alien concept.

4 Likes

Don’t be shy. Say what you think…

Joy, is totally unknown. Unless one of the studio managers happens to have that first name. :smiley:

4 Likes

I agree.What’s wrong with adoption by the way.
Some storylines are sooooooo coma inducing

4 Likes

Shop-soiled pre-damaged ‘off-the-peg’ second. So much more fun to commission your own and do all the damaging yourself.

Any adopters or adoptees or interested parties reading, please note that the comment is made with reference to TA and the views expressed are confined to that context.

2 Likes

Well Emma is always looking for ways to make extra money.
Maybe she should offer to be the surrogate for - shall we say £10,000?

£12k to £15k seems to be the going rate in the UK. So the boy-child Ian, would be getting a bargain.

The other alternative is Phobia returning home fro Oxford. Pregnant and wanting to get rid of Constantine’s little bar-steward.

She can flog that to Big-ears and Noddy, for some money to pay off her student loans.

2 Likes