Did anyone feel sorry for David last night?

I’d like to, (why? you might ask) but really, lending Kenton money with nothing put down on paper, nor even a verbal agreement as to a payment schedule? I know the money was really lent to Jolene but that’s not the way they’re talking about it.

And I also lose sympathy with David because he goes round grumpily commenting on Kenton not paying him back and Kenton buying a car with the result that Pip thinks she’s oh so much better than her uncle and sees fit to make disparaging remarks about him when she has had her hand in the Brookfield trough just as much as Kenton has or would like to.

Oh, and what a weasel Kenton is, saying it’s all Jolene’s idea to invest in Toby’s gin even if it was, which I don’t remember either way. Really, I think Shula is the best of Phil and Jill’s progeny.

4 Likes

I didn’t. Sorry.

3 Likes

Well, no, I’m not surprised. I wanted to slap him when he was dismissing Pip’s faux concern for ‘poor’ Josh, never mind the silent Ben. If she was that concerned, why take Ben’s room? David is giving her the very strong message that her interests must be put above her brothers’. Not that I am a fan of the spotty little gobshite, you do understand that, I hope!

3 Likes

Don’t worry, Janie. I have never for a moment suspected you of being a closet supporter of the SLG. And David richly merits his ‘Dopey’ label and does indeed need slapping. Who doesn’t, really?

3 Likes

Good question. I like Jim. Yes, I know he can be a pain in the arse but so can I. I wish we heard more of him and Jazzer.

3 Likes

SLG? Is it for the List?

2 Likes

If so, it’s Gus’s as I expect you know. She’s been using it for a while.

3 Likes

Spotty Little Gobshite balances SLT.

3 Likes

Yes, but which of them is it?

1 Like

Josh. That you can’t tell suggests it isn’t much good as a nickname. :cry:

3 Likes

It might possibly have been Ben, though far less probably since he doesn’t seem to speak these days.

2 Likes

I now have some halibut, Gus.

There’s no need to fillet Dopey, he doesn’t have a backbone anyway.

2 Likes