Dropped or DROPPED?

With Fraidy due for release from porridge in less than three weeks and a forthcoming power-play between Mad Lizzie and her returning daughter Wednesday (and Wednesday’s pet man), for who get’s to control Loxley Castle and in particular the Loxley money?

Are we about to see the miraculous recovery to what passes for sanity amongst the banjo-music section of the TA land population, as Mad Lizzie regains control of her mental capacity, when she see’s Fraidy slinking into Loxley, through the Criminal Classes Only, side door?

Or. Are we once again in danger of too many boring Pargetters, cluttering up Ambridge… Should we be in favour of one or more ruddy Pargetter being dropped - either from the cast, or better yet, from a great height?
Like last time.

6 Likes

Thank the Lord, if this boring crew are at Lower Loxley they are not cluttering up Ambridge: it’s a different village.

Do we know that tbtb know when Freddie would be released? Nothing they do convinces me they bother to check that sort of thing.

4 Likes

The Justice Department, like chucking criminals out at the earliest opportunity these days (overcrowding and to save money). Should mean he’s out in the first 10 days of March

AIR the latest map, showed LL was just around the bend out of Ambridge. Closer than Home Farm in fact. They’ve probably produced more maps since that and have it located out on the by-pass, or in the middle of GG’s golf course.

Like Easter, TA goes in for movable feasts, to keep up with where the homes are moved to.

4 Likes

I know this; you know this; do we feel confident that the editorial team know this?

Lower Loxley is a village two miles away from Ambridge as the crow flies, further by road. Lower Loxley Hall is in Lower Loxley village. Where is this map?

4 Likes

The map I’m thinking of had it located about a short walk down the road past Shula’s ‘My Little Pony’ stables game.

That like a great many other things has vanished from the BBC’s TA website. It’s probably hiding in some dark cobweb strewn corner of the Beeb’s Sinclair Spectrum. Should we all go in search of it? No… Why bother.

4 Likes

I would trebuchet Frilly into any suitably large body of water in the dead of night with lead weights on their shoes

And the mad one can go on retreat in Wales

4 Likes

Though I have never seen it (when was this?) I don’t think that can have been intended to be an accurate portrayal of the area, given that Lower Loxley is due east of Ambridge village green and The Stables is to the south-east and on a different road.

These are the maps the BBC has been providing all this century:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/archers/wallpaper/borsetshire_1024.shtml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/archers/wallpaper/ambridge_1024.shtml

3 Likes

Someone mentioned this week that he would soon be out. Kenton, I think, but I wouldn’t swear to it

4 Likes

Good lord.

4 Likes

Actually, after a bit of pondering, I think it was Dopey Dave, which would mean it was on Thursday; I am sure you will understand my reluctance to LA, in that case

4 Likes

I’ve just sent you a PMS on here and also an email (read PMS first), Containing some graphics of the map I referred to, which I found on Google Images.

Hope these help.

p.s. The map was AFAIK last on the BBC TA website 10-15 years ago.

4 Likes

You’re just trying to cheer us all up.

4 Likes

Don’t know me very well, do you? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Give it time. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Well that’s a logical place to find a fish.

4 Likes

There are plenty of old mine workings in this part of Wales, which she could spend many a happy decade exploring - assuming she survived the initial fall down the mine-shaft.

3 Likes

I’d just like to say… I did NOT push that woman.

3 Likes

Double that, as she’d have to do it bi-lingually.

5 Likes

Tugging a rope taut does not count as pushing. Just sayin’.

5 Likes