EmmurrTheMouth?

…like mother like daughter???

5 Likes

Like mother like daughter in speech - Emma’s accent is a very natural evolution of Susan’s. O’Hanrahan does a bloody good job, imo. Emma’s behaviour, though, isn’t quite on the Susan pattern, much though I loathe the aforementioned pigwife.

4 Likes

…I agree with all you’ve said about the actresses, but I thought it might be confuserating to oldies like wot I am for there to be another RadioCarter, so I thought a suitable soubriquet might be CarterTheMouth, or EmmurTheMouth, or even EmmurTheTongueLasher??? …and yes, she definitely gets it from her Mum, whereas Pigsy is a much kinder, gentler soul, although I think he nailed (figuratively) Edwierd in tonight’s episode. I’m sure he would liked to have done it literally (…see what I did there? :roll_eyes:)

4 Likes

The point about Radio Carter (or Radio 1) was that Susan broadcasts everything.

Emma doesn’t. She badmouths people, but it isn’t in the way of gossip like Susan.

That’s why I don’t find them all that similar. Emma is vindictive and nasty in a way Susan on the whole is not. For instance Susan brown-noses “the quality”; Emma is covertly offensive about them. And Emma expects people to give her “her dues”; Susan gets on with getting things for herself.

And Susan would never in a million years have been vile to her husband in the way that Emma is to hers, no matter how stupid a mistake he might have made.

6 Likes

…very true! I think Edwierd & Emmur to be as perfect a matched pair as PIgsy & Shrewsun! (two matches made in Heaven or Hambridge (three if you count TheDopeys, four if you consider FagAsh & JustDim!)

5 Likes

(…and five if you count TheOnlyGayCoupleInTheVillage!) :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes