Episode 29/10/2017

I’m sure that there are other holes people can find, but those all bounced out and bit me as the episode regressed.

Matt blagged a ticket for the Hunt Ball from Shula, and indeed demanded a plus one. Why, if he didn’t plan to be there and had nobody he would be going with?

Lilian didn’t turn her phone off in company when she knew Matt was trying again and again to get in touch with her and nobody else was likely to ring her. Why? Come to that, if she really doesn’t want to hear from him, why doesn’t she just tell her phone to block his number?

Matt, who had booked tickets for a getaway with Lilian, went to the Bull (in the name of Elvis and all the gods, why the Bull? Why the middle of the by-our-lady village in front everyone in the village who wasn’t at the ball) and got drunk (why? He was going to be flying long-distance, he assumed with the woman he loves, why on earth get drunk?) and incapable, falling over his own feet. This makes no sense as the action of a secretive man planning a romantic elopement.

Ian apparently decided that there was no work for him in the kitchen, and came out into the party as far as one could tell first to spoil it for Lilian (Why? Does he hate her? Is he jealous of her because Adam is fond of her? Why???) and then to tell her fiancé that she was receiving phone calls from Matt. Why? What does he gain by this?

Justin leaves the ball (and Lilian) in order to go and pick a fight with Matt in a public place; again, why? What does he stand to gain? Was he perhaps totally stocious?

It was a seriously bad episode, to go with at least two of last week’s little offerings.

3 Likes

More holes than a net curtain was my first thought, Fishy

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

One thing we know for sure: Matt will pull through. No way would the SWs be able to resist the obligatory dying words cliché. Nigel’s ran to about six weeks.

4 Likes

If he dies at once, or at least while still in the induced coma, they miss lots of chances for Drama, don’t they. So he won’t.

4 Likes

If Matt dies, then I really will stop listening

So there

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

No change there, then.

3 Likes

Another question: how did Kenton know what Matt was up to, enough to try to reassure Justin about it?

And another, was Matt really expecting Lilian to join him dressed for the Hunt Ball?

2 Likes

What Matt needed was a saddle to throw her across.

3 Likes

True. That would have been fun…

Meanwhile, another question about the episode and the one following it: Justin left the ball. He has told Lilian that he had a migraine and went home, but half the village, and certainly Kenton, knows that he went to The Bull breathing fire against Matt. How long before Lilian finds out that he has told her a pack of lies for the umpteenth time?

2 Likes