Fallon - Heart of Gold…

…and head of air

2 Likes

Brain Worms got her, about the time she dropped out of the band.

4 Likes

Did it really need Peggy and Jill and the Berk Kenton infesting the hospital all bloody day? Then Fallon further cluttering the place up - though to be fair at least she was bringing in stuff from home for Christine.

Oh well, some folk have odd ideas of a grand day out.

4 Likes

I’m concerned that they want Christine to do “a lot of physiotherapy”, she’s 87!

4 Likes

I think it might be an idea at least to wait until she has recovered from the operation!

4 Likes

Do you think that she will recover well without physio or that they simply should not bother given her age?

3 Likes

I’m not saying forget about her, but “a lot” sounds like they’ll have her on a treadmill, or huffing down the river with Jazzer. The occasional gentle meander to the tea room is much more appropriate.
(Of course I have no idea where the tea room is from The Lodge, it could be a five mile trek!)

3 Likes

On the Official Map of Ambridge it is almost a mile from the Lodge to the tea-room, and the last bit is up a hill from the Am. (That’s why Bridge Farm didn’t get flooded at all when the Am started flowing backwards.)

A useful resource is http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/archers/wallpaper/. On the paper map a scale is given, and Ambridge is about a mile from the top of it to the bottom, and Bridge Farm is just off the bottom right corner of this one beyond Heydon Farm on that road.

3 Likes

If you’re prepared to do a bit of digging, second hand copies of the Magnetic North map can still be found; I got one for a few pence a couple of years ago.

I see there’s an alternative from Archers Addicts; anyone know if it’s any good?

PS

The thought occurs that, like the archive, a map is only of use if the SWs bother to consult it.

3 Likes

The Archers Addicts “map” is a panorama, and difficult to read because north is not at the top as far as I can tell. It shows Bridge Farm at the extreme left of the page, when it is to the south of the village. Also, not being a map, its distances are skewed by perspective.

4 Likes

So, Ambridge is Lost island, but inland village?

4 Likes

Ambridge is a twerp-infested dump, dere, with skewed perspectives whichever way you look.

5 Likes

The SWs’ motto

5 Likes