For Heaven's sake, Jill,

Think of the hooting, man. Do you really want that 24 hours a day?

6 Likes

…well, oi just “…couldn’t swaller fer larfin’¹”, as one character might put it!

¹ aksherly, I think I meant choking, as in :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

6 Likes

Anyone moved by the heart-to-heart between David and his mummy?

Thought not. Brace yerselves for the proposal, folks, which Jill will turn down, making Leonard feel a right idiot. Which he partly deserves for letting Jill be the last to know. Only partly, because no one deserves the ghastly Brookfield Archers.

8 Likes

My stomach lurched a bit, Janie: does that count?

8 Likes

Yes, same here. The only thing to be thankful for is that it wasn’t David-and-Pip.

8 Likes

Crikey, yes. We got off lightly.

8 Likes

I am hoping she will turn down marriage but say she’d be delighted if he asked her to move in with him.

It will be a vain hope though, I’m afraid.

7 Likes

So far…

8 Likes

I don’t believe 18th birthdays were a Thing 72 years ago; the age of majority was 21 until 1970. It may have been a purely coincidental photo of an entirely random birthday that the hooting old fool had found - and no doubt that is what tbtb would claim if confronted - but the dialogue about ‘beginning’ suggested otherwise.
What DO the SWs know anything about?

How different in essentials is a really good cream tea from a foam party anyway?

5 Likes

They absolutely were not. Not even when I had one they were not.

And anyhow, why would Jill not already have been the person who had her old photographs?

4 Likes

The booze is much better.

5 Likes

Not sure whether you’ve been going to the wrong cream teas or the wrong foam parties, Sparrer darlin’.

5 Likes

Oh! It was foam parties they were talking about. I’d never heard of such a thing so I thought they were talking about phone parties and I couldn’t make sense of that.

Now I just have to wonder about foam parties, and I suspect my imagination may turn them into more than the reality.

5 Likes

This one appears to be relatively up-market and sedate…

5 Likes

But… just…

Why?

5 Likes

So the boys can grope the girls and not be seen doing it, I expect.

5 Likes

Hmm, in my day we just turned the lights off. That way you could drink and grope, I should think drinking is trickier in all that foam.

6 Likes

I applaud your priorities, me dear ;- )

6 Likes

Does anyone believe Jill would have said anything like ‘just being in a space with people’? Because I do bluddy not.

5 Likes

Maybe it was “I’d like all of you people just to be in space” and got slightly garbled on the way out?

5 Likes