Free bottle of gin with a goose

The first price I found on-line for a goose was about £70 (“serves six”).

Bombay Sapphire is about £15 for a small bottle. That is not a trivial fraction of £70. So presumably the production cost of a bottle of gin is not a trivial fraction of the production cost of a goose.

I know you have to spend money to make money and all that, but if you’re losing money on each sale you don’t actually make it up in volume.

Are we sure they didn’t mis-hear it and “Rex promising Sabrina a bottle of gin with her goose” was actually “Rex promising Sabrina a goose with her bottle of gin” (“ooh, you are a one”).

3 Likes

It gets worse. Rex is not an owner, co-owner or shareholder in “Scruff Gin”. The company is his brother’s. The Bull has nothing to do with the goose enterprise. Yet Jolene thinks that because the Bull is shareholder in Scruff Gin, she is entitled to be told before it is given to anyone, by someone who is nothing to do with the company.

Confused yet?

I think the scriptwriter is.

3 Likes

Jolene is (sometimes) not entirely stupid. If she paid the gin operation’s debts, she should have insisted on full control.

In which case the Tobesmeister supplying discounted gin to his brother might fall within her purview.

Yeah, I’m reaching.

4 Likes

Exceedingly.

Would I be less so had I heard the last nine episodes, do you think?

4 Likes

Ah, the Bull didn’t pay the gin operation’s debts. It gave Toby money to invest in more gin-making ingredients and equipment.

3 Likes

I don’t think it would make any better sense if you’d heard the episode, Gus. The gist, in the BBC synopsis, is clearly codswallop:

“Joe and Eddie [are] furious to overhear Rex promising Sabrina a bottle of gin with her goose, and confront him about stealing their idea. Jolene isn’t impressed either. As a shareholder, The Bull should’ve been informed about the promotion.”

Since it isn’t a promotion for Scruff Gin, it’s nothing to do with the Scruff shareholders. And since Rex owned the gin on his own account, that is nothing to do with them either. As shareholders, it is none of their business who buys or is given the company’s product.

3 Likes

[quote=“Fanta, post:5, topic:787, full:true”]
Ah, the Bull didn’t pay the gin operation’s debts. It gave Toby money to invest in more gin-making ingredients and equipment.
[/quote]But Jolene is now a “shareholder”? On, sigh, entirely unspecified terms of control.

If the scripties were actually being current, there would be an ICO with ScruffCoins. ICOs: like penny stocks, only without the regulation to prevent the worst of the scammers from doing whatever they like, and sometimes the money just vanishes and nobody can do anything about it.

3 Likes

[nods bemusedly] Ah. Thank you, dere Fish.

Just another seven hours and today’s idiocy will be over and done with. There. Who says I am never, cheerful, encouraging or optimistic?

3 Likes

Have you tried pulling up random interesting music on YouTube instead?

4 Likes

This being a ToeBeeeee enterprise, GitCoin

Just like the SLs, then

1 Like