Fweddy's back!

Well, why not?

3 Likes

Because it’s boring? Anyone can call someone something insulting; it takes no skill and there’s no interest in it.

4 Likes

Which explains why it isn’t in the nicknames: I tend only to collect ones which I find entertaining, even if derogatory. If someone thought it a good idea to call David “Dogshit”, it wouldn’t get in.

3 Likes

Because it is not additive and reflects nothing about the character.
Helen’s bastered and subnormal son being referred to as ‘Henwy’ does reflect on the character, since either he or his -using the term loosely -’ actor’ manifests a degree of de-rhotacization,

4 Likes

“And then we went clothes shopping… only Mum kept picking out stuff with stripes, or arrowheads…”

7 Likes

…after enduring the latest episode, I stand by my enhancement of young Mr. Pargetter’s christian name, since I’m reminded of several other fitting words - twat, twit, twonk, twerp, twunk… …I’m sure there are many others!

3 Likes

And what, pray, is a fweddy? I’ve tried the Urban Dictionary to no effect.

1 Like

…have you tried Archers (sub-head: useless waste of space)?

3 Likes

Fweddy is used mostly as a noun (as in The Archers), but I think might serve equally well as a verb: (e.g. in tonight’s episode) BaconBoy to KaledonianKlown “…hey Jazz, you fweddied that up good and proper! Now you’ll have to do it all again!”

3 Likes

Not by anyone I know, or anyone known to the Urban Dictionary, I fear.

If it is meant to be a reference to Freddie Pargetter, note the spelling?

3 Likes

Well, fear not! I think it’s just a matter of moving in the correct circles! :wink:

3 Likes

I already do.

1 Like