How to deal with Usha's complaints

Invite her to nets as before.

Get all the people who can bowl really hard to do so.

How long do we reckon she would last?

1 Like

We’ll just run through some of the more challenging deliveries - this one’s a bouncer …

2 Likes

[quote=“Fanta, post:1, topic:193”]
Get all the people who can bowl really hard to do so.

How long do we reckon she would last?
[/quote]About 6 to 8 balls. There’s no need to hurt her just make it clear to her that it’s not just a matter of fancying a go. All that motivational bllx about “If you want to then you can” and the like need blowing out of the water.

… AND she’s picking on Molly, the Button.

Booooooo. Boooooo

1 Like

You’re wrong there, my friend. Very.

4 Likes

OK. I was just trying to be nice.

But the fear of God would be instilled into her by proper bowling.

20 years ago I faced West Indian international bowler Collis King. He was huge, took an enormous run-up and arrived at the wicket at tremendous speed none of which was lost in the delivery. I was genuinely scared. I waved my bat around aimlessly and his first ball clipped the shoulder of my bat and the sheer speed of the ball took it for 4 over the wicketkeeper. I think my eyes were closed while this happened.

He was not happy.

The next ball I waved my bat around again with closed eyes. I heard wood clatter & to my blessed relief I was off for a bit of a lie down.

5 Likes

Collis King? Oooof. Collis Browne might have been in order.

3 Likes

There really ought to be a sudden cow in her parlour. (“But you said you liked cows, Missus Franks.”)

3 Likes

I think a leg break, don’t you? Perhaps two would be excessive.

4 Likes

I rather think there already is.

3 Likes

That would go well with the statue of Ganesh, or whichever of the pantheon it was.

And if she’s a sincere Hindu, would she be able to shoo it out? I think they are meant to let cows do whatever they want to, aren’t they?

1 Like

Ah - so that’s how Amy gets away with it.

2 Likes

Tsk. That’s not charitable, joe. She couldn’t help it; she had no choice; she was in love!

1 Like

Not entirely. Shooing is ok. Mistreating is not. The figure is Śiva, one of the Trimurti, Ganesh’s dad. It’s not really a pantheon, more aspects of the One, as represented by Śiva dancing in Bunter’s study.