“I barely even recognize the person who did it"

There’s a reason for that, Brian

4 Likes

You mean, like none of us do either?

4 Likes

I am now officially Confused.
Was the dumping illegal at the time it took place? Because if it wasn’t, then what grounds are there for prosecution?
Brine having to pay for the incredibly protracted clean-up (I mean, how big is the site?) is a different issue, as is any potential insurance faud.

3 Likes

In the 1970s, it was possible to dump illegally (and this would have been such)… but since councils would take pretty much anything you gave them for a token fee at most, it pretty much didn’t happen.

4 Likes

The offence is knowingly to allow the pollution to continue; if Brian just keeps saying he didn’t know about it until it was brought to his attention, at which time he immediately cooperated with the Environment Agency to make the site safe, he ought to be safe.

That he knew about it at the time is bollocks, because it didn’t happen in 1977 so how could he have known about it?

4 Likes

Well yes, there is that aspect too…

2 Likes

I think it’s a shame there isn’t a similar law which could be applied to current script content! (“sad_winky_wotsit_thingy”)

3 Likes

I know; it’s a crying shame that so much of the programme has had to be dug up and thrown away – all the continuity, stuff like that…

2 Likes

Did anyone ever find out what happened to the (famous) CardIndex? (…I daresay it might have ended up on eBay?)

2 Likes

I wish! They took it and used it to make a computer reference site, then threw away the cards, is my guess. And since nobody now consults the computer reference they might as well have cut out the computer and just thrown the records away.

3 Likes

No harm reposting this:

Mousey - and The Archers Archive

2 Likes

Now that Camilla has retired, I doubt that anyone does the trawling through for things that didn’t get into the synopsis – or that the synopsis simply has wrong, which has been known to happen.

2 Likes