I don't understand

Shula had the bright idea of introducing Gem into Bartleby’s life; she and Alistair implemented the idea.

Why is Joe crediting it to Anisha? It makes no sense: she had nothing to do with it.

I assumed it was for the “experimental” treatment she tried on Bartleby when she first saw him.

Frankly, it was so refreshing to get through a whole episode without anyone being gratuitously nasty that I’m not going to worry too much.

4 Likes

Well, yes, that’s true. If I had been Shula I might have been a little hurt, all the same.

1 Like

Joe buying a round - and making sure all Bartleby’s carers were included - said all that needed to be said. Shula would know that as well as anyone.

All in all it was a pleasant reminder of what TA used to be; let’s hope it’s a sign of things to come.

3 Likes

Maybeso. He did rather rub in how wonderful Anisha was, when she’d had frod all to do with the thing which had made him so pleased. How about a bit of the same sort of adulation for the people who had actually done the job?

2 Likes

I enjoyed today’s episode. Just let it wash gently over me without paying a huge amount of attention, but it was nice. Will we ever find out how old ‘young Anisha’ is? Being called young by Joe doesn’t tell us very much, does it? And Keri Davies Tweet saying early to mid thirties had a question mark after it if I recall correctly so it sounds as though they hadn’t really decided. I’d love her to turn out to be 26 after all!

3 Likes

So would I, JJ, so would I. If nothing else it would be one in the eye for all the people so convinced she must be older (and learned nothing about customer relations in all those years).

2 Likes

She’s 26. Mark my word.

When it’s said I will lead the invasion … unless c-b gets in before me.

4 Likes

[sigh] After yesterday’s brief respite, those two eejits are back.

4 Likes

I have a feeling we are supposed to think they are important.

2 Likes

Oh well, back to Plan A…

2 Likes

Too good for 'em. Here’s some cheap French gin:

3 Likes

That was for ME!

5 Likes

Is French Gin even a thing? Coo.

3 Likes

Not in a way one would like, in my experience.

4 Likes

It was “cognac” that came in a bottle shaped like the Eiffel Tower, though, not gin.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Arghhhhhhhh!

I am going to bed; I can’t stand any more!

2 Likes

What has vexed you, o Fish?

1 Like

Flashbacks to a Moment in France when I realised that they really were selling booze in a bottle shaped like the Eiffel tower, Gus. But I feel better this morning.

3 Likes