I notice Justin

…rather significantly shortened the toast. What happened to “our future” and “our wedding”, or whatever it was Lilian proposed?

3 Likes

Yes, that did rather leap out, didn’t it!

And now he finds out that he is living in Matt’s house! Fury and spleen. Tee, as they say, hee.

3 Likes

It wasn’t subtle, but it was pleasing. As was the splenetic sperluttering.

3 Likes

This week the writer is Caroline Harrington, same as last week.

Oh, by the way, we can find out what she used as inspiration for Caroline’s memorial, on the BBC blog: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thearchers/entries/8adfa871-211c-4c87-9403-7278fd19e43e

2 Likes

Yes. … & while she appears to be very pleased with herself about it, it struck me as being very self satisfied & rather cheap. I’d have said that, given her claim, even if it had been well written.

Which it wasn’t.

3 Likes

Oh but it was, Armers: haven’t you noticed how much withers were wrung by it? Can’t argue with squazillions of delighted listeners ;- )

4 Likes

Can’t argue with that logic.

4 Likes

And Ed told us he was kintsuguied an’all. I might have misheard, of course…

3 Likes

It occurs to me that if he is so horrified to be living in a house belonging to Matt, Justin really should be able to work out that Matt lived there with Lilian.

He must surely have known this all along?

In which case it seems somehow surprising that he wanted to live there with her himself. Do we know whether Lilian bought a new bed for him when he first rented the place?

3 Likes

AIUI Lilian has a standing order for a new bed every 3 mths. They wear out it seems.

3 Likes