If Matt is on form

he will now find a way to drop Alistair in it in a big way, but without incriminating himself.

As with David and the badger-killing, with a bit of luck Anisha will wish she hadn’t been such a cocky little bit.

4 Likes

I would like Alastair to be dropped in it by Matt because, while not altogether a bad bloke, Alastair irritates me for some reason (being wet and a weed, possibly?) while Matt, who is a bad-ish bloke, does not. I would get on fine with a Matt, I’m afraid.
If Anisha ends up being collateral damage, we will both be happy (I quite like her).

4 Likes

Did anyone catch the last thing Matt said? Was it ‘aren’t we’ or ‘are we’? And whichever it was, I wasn’t sure how to take it … I am hoping he meant 'we are very far from being finished!

3 Likes

I think it was supposed to be “Aren’t”, but it wasn’t clear (just LA’d). “Are we?” wouldn’t really make sense - certainly not given the inflection.

3 Likes

Mr Durham has form for not being clear, remember the ‘ruddy/effin’ briefcase? I played the Youtube clip (is it yours?) to Mr Janie years and years ago and he heard ‘effin’’ and I heard ‘ruddy’ - I truly did.

Back to the present, what disservice can he now do Anisha and Alistair? How can he tarnish their reputations without putting himself in jeopardy?

3 Likes

He’ll find a way - if only by telling Latif that he might be interested in Alistair’s history of doping horses. And 'Oh yeah, Anisha’s not worried about bending the rules".

4 Likes

Just LA’d to that bit too and it was definitely, but definitely ‘Aren’t we’.

3 Likes

‘Then we’re quits.’
‘Yeah … aren’t we?’

As in ‘aren’t we just’? And he’ll consider the matter closed? Or ‘hmm, we’ll see about that …’ The latter, of course!

What was his interest in Anisha anyway? He never had any hold over her, though she might just have given him one by admitting she knows about Alistair’s misconduct. And I’m sure Matt could find plenty of vets to do what he wanted. Why did he choose her? Purely for the pleasure of torturing Alistair? That’s all I can think of.

4 Likes

What other reason would one need? Sometimes things have to be done purely for the sport in them.

4 Likes

The briefcase episode was actually a curtailed “Oh for…” I think

2 Likes

There is simply no way Matt would walk away without ideas weeking rewenge on his mind.

It’s far from over.

I still am convinced he’s in it to pull a big scam, mess a few people up while he’s at it & take a few down with him.

I’m no fan tbh but it’s so less invasive than the last couple of years bad man.

4 Likes

They’ve turned Mutt into an Arthur Daley type, without any of the charisma.

Lets hope that when the kids have returned to school, TA will find a real writer to kill him off and quickly.

3 Likes

Arfur Daily crossed with the 1950’s Flash Harry from St. Trinians.

So George Cole basically.

4 Likes

Well, FWIW, I think maybe Kim Durham is on the way out. UNLESS of course, Lilian drops Justin and flies off yet again to Costa Rica or wherever. Hmm. There’s a thought. Kim Durham is one of the jewls in TA, so actually, I truly hope he’ll stay.

4 Likes

Oh Dracs, I hope not, but I fear you are right! That scene had a note of finality to it. And Kim Durham has a full time job in Bristol, doesn’t he?

3 Likes

He’s had that job since well before he left because of not liking the way things were going under SO’C, though, and it didn’t ever prevent him from working on TA before.

3 Likes

Good. I hope this wasn’t his swan song, then. He’s so much more interesting than Justin. And I like his voice better. And his character is well-rounded: Matt is not a very nice man who nevertheless has feelings and sometimes does the right thing. Justin is all over the place.

I like both actors but I have a feeling Simon Williams doesn’t know what to make of the character either. With Matt you know where you are.

3 Likes

Wotcher Dracsers, lovely to see you.
Be of good cheer. I don’t expect Matt to do a permanent disapparation any time soon, although there might be tactical withdrawals (yes, ta, I do know how old Lilian is, you smuthounds) from time to time. While the HyphenatEd increasingly looks as if he is not up to the job, at least he doesn’t seem to mess the actors around and get up their noses in quite the same way as the late and unlamented Shorn O’Competence.
Meanwhile, can something bad happen to mAdam, please? Not even particularly prompted by his role tonight, just as a matter of principle.
Thank you.

4 Likes

Running the international course at the Old Vic Theatre School, yes - but he was doing that long before Matt did his second runner, so it doesn’t seem to have been a problem.

What I’m hoping will happen is that the newly-revived Ambridge rumour mill gets going, word gets back to Justin and in the ensuing row Lilian realises what a petulant, controlling git he is. Despite - or, rather, because of - all his faults, Matt is a much more interesting character than Justin, who is simply too poorly developed.

3 Likes

Wotcher Dracs…

I am hoping that mAdam will find it necessary to ease his conscience by telling Justin that Lilian was up in Matt’s suite at Grey Gables, and that Justin, taking him by surprise, will knock him down and break his jaw before going to confront Matt and be told that the putative sale of the Dower House has broken the trust, it has reverted to Matt, and Matt will be obliged if he removes himself from Matt’s house as soon as his rental period is over.

4 Likes