I'm slightly confused…

At times, yes. But Mary Cutler is one of the more experienced writers and should know better. Perhaps she has a tin ear for yoof. The ‘beck and call’ remark sounded more like something a Young Squire would have said in a romance set in another time (not the future!) Though, come to think of it, not just yoof: Clarrie’s ‘crush’ conversation with Mia sounded a bit archaic, too, verging on, ‘don’t you go taking young Master Ruairi’s attentions seriously, he won’t go marrying the loikes of us Grundays’. Yes, I know she didn’t write those words, but it sounded along those lines. Maybe Mary Cutler has been having a Mills and Boon fest!

But if I haven’t got the wrong writer again, she wrote the scene with Susan and the brownies which I thought was good.

4 Likes

Apart from either having forgotten about Jennifer being perfectly able to clear a sink in the eighties or still being in a mood to make the actor pay for having said a piece of dialogue “didn’t flow”…

3 Likes

Or should; the SWs seem oblivious to what should be outdoing the “murder” in The Nine Tailors

3 Likes

The bells, the bells!

4 Likes

But it does sound very like Tracey, summed up in just five words

4 Likes