In Ambridge, there is nothing new under the sun

On 2nd November 2005 Eddie got some geese to rear, as well as turkeys: Lynda ordered a goose from him.

But nobody, even Eddie, mentioned this when the Fairbrethren turned up and thought that rearing geese in Ambridge was an entirely new idea.

2 Likes

Oh, I am glad you said that. When the Borefeathers started on the goose business I was pretty sure that it had been done before, but I didn;t do anything useful like check, naturally.

3 Likes

I have a feeling the Grundys may have had geese more than once, but I wasn’t looking out particularly.

2 Likes

This is what a long-running series should get right: Eddie strolling up to TobesRex and saying “arr, we tried that, and it all went wrong” would be a small sop to the long-time fans and could connect old and new characters.

3 Likes

Jill sounds as though she regularly has a goose.

2 Likes

Do not get me started. Intemperate sentiments could be voiced. Plus it would mean I have a contract out on the ac-Tor, natch.

3 Likes

I saw her in a café once. She seemed quite normal.

(I live local, is why. I mean I didn’t go out looking for her or anything. And I said nothing, so she didn’t know I had observed her having her cuppa.)

1 Like

Daisy Mole: The Cuppa Years.

2 Likes

Oo yer callin Daisy?

2 Likes

Dazed, arncha Dozy? How do you do, my name is Sue! (Where is susu?)

1 Like