Joe Grundy

And would then be surprised when the pub didn’t accept his shillings.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure Joe did do something along those lines with the Ambridge currency, what was it called? TEAs, though I forget what it stood for. He was scarfing them up somehow and running some sort of scam which bit him on the arse in the end, so to speak. Anyone remember the details? Can’t be bothered to look it up. [Ed: so why expect anyone else to?] Me: well people might actually remember without looking it up!

3 Likes

He thought they were IOUs. Pat disagreed, and the shop refused to accept them when they discovered that he was forging extra ones.

That is as far as I remember it; I haven’t yet done Joe.

3 Likes

Clarrie-luv? Does she wash her hands before handling food these days?

4 Likes

Clarrie made a stupid mistake about how many days she had to stay off work, mostly through not having been given proper instruction by her boss, which I don’t think makes her a petty criminal like the other Grundys apart from Will.

I don’t think Joe ever got taken to court over any of his many, many scams designed to cheat his neighbours, nor his poaching, but Eddie and Ed both have criminal records.

Welcome to the Reporter, BTW. Have a gorilla?

1 Like

If they’re so bluddy poor, why is there even food to wash her hands before handling, these days? At Grange Farm, I mean. Sorry the whole An Béal Bocht scenario is over-egged. (That should be under-egged, I suppose.) Another outbreak of E. clarri, localised, would be more than welcome.

Hello, Used. May I call you ‘Slightly’?

2 Likes

If Clarrie and Emma get so exhausted that they poison a bunch of B&B guests, presumably that will close the venture down?

2 Likes

Grundys’ World of Embalming? Should be a noice little earner…

5 Likes

You might say that Pip had just made a similar stupid mistake. Still worth sticking her on a ducking-stool into the Am for a few days though

I won’t have a gorilla if you don’t mind. I’ve just put one out.

Thank you for the welcome.

3 Likes

Aarghh! Don’t mention eggs. Edwina Curry will return and all we’ll have will be months and months of salmonella stories.

Thanks for the welcome, Gus…

2 Likes

Woe, woe and thrice woe! Let us hope that you swift warning has averted that possibility.

2 Likes

Vanessa, to her friends.

2 Likes

How about her enemies? :wink:

4 Likes

She has enemies? No, no, surely not! You must be, 'ow you say, ‘avin’ me on?

1 Like

After the Shorn O’Competence era, I reckon there’s a lot fewer of them!

3 Likes

Perish the thought. It’s probably just me.

1 Like

Has he cancelled Eastenders yet? Just a matter of time, I’m sure.

3 Likes

Have they not always be scam-mongers ?

I’m not one for defending the Spawn of Satan but I think he merely continued the bad work.

2 Likes

A ducking stool with a reluctance to return to it’s high position preferably.

Welcome

3 Likes

As a colleague once said to pay during a pay dispute “you have to understand that a tanner fought for is more welcome than a bob given”.

I guess you have to be of an age.

3 Likes