Joe's teeth

Anyone else slightly disconnected by the image of Joe in the ever after without his teeth?! Don’t they traditionally send you off with your teeth?

5 Likes

I think that they do if you are not getting cremated; I am not sure about then. I expect it depends whether there is metal in them these days. Implants may start to be a problem in crematoria, and crowns: they have metal posts and metal is not good for the furnaces, is it?

I must say, if Joe “fell asleep” and never woke up I would assume he took his teeth out before retiring to his bed, and I for one would not fancy getting false teeth into the mouth of a corpse; it isn’t something I had ever considered as a thing I might have to do.

5 Likes

I would probably send the teeth when I sent the outfit for them to be dressed in, assuming the same qualified person who does the dressing probably has a level of experience with the placement of false teeth?

6 Likes

Do you know, I have absolutely no memory of having to send an outfit for my father. Strange blanks; or maybe hospital to crem without laying out is simpler.

5 Likes

Metal per se is fine. It’s things like pacemakers that go ‘bang!’ that are a problem.

“It was the day my grandmother exploded…”

5 Likes

5449ed865e124

5 Likes

Not my favourite of his, but was definitely worth a second read!

4 Likes

Ignore the video, but the song is appropriate:

2 Likes