Lost Memory?

I was listening during the time between Adam’s birth and Jennifer’s marriage to Roger Travers-Macy but I was very young (yes, I was once, honest) and memory is hazy so…

Have I lost the plot here, along with a whole husband, or have the BBC?

"Jennifer’s second husband, Roger Travers-Macy, adopted Adam and along followed Adam’s half-sister Debbie.

Adam’s relationship with Jennifer’s third husband, Brian, had a shaky start."

5 Likes

I think the BBC has lost, quite literally, the plot - the whole point of Adam is that he was a little bastard. Some would say ‘still is’.
And since they refer to gossip in the first para of that bilge you linked to, they are also outstandingly dim, and careless (bit like JD, then).
Gahhh!

4 Likes

The Who’s Who which I downloaded in 2012 said:

Immediate family ties
Adam Macy (Son)
Jennifer was unmarried when she fell [sic] pregnant in 1967.
Debbie Aldridge (Daughter)
From her first marriage to Roger Travers-Macy.

4 Likes

That’s a relief. I really was doubting myself there, I couldn’t believe the BBC cared quite so little and had got it quite so wrong.

Silly me.

4 Likes

They are remarkably stupid, if they can say in the same paragraph

“Adam’s birth shocked the village of Ambridge - he was the product of a dalliance between Jennifer Archer and cowman Paddy Redmond. With gossip rife, 22-year old Jennifer refused to name the father - even to her parents.” and then “Jennifer’s second husband, Roger Travers-Macy, adopted Adam and along followed Adam’s half-sister Debbie.”

4 Likes

It is a bit special, that.
Wonder who is supposed to give the imprimatur for the website frothings.

4 Likes

It used to be The Sainted Keri Davies. It got things wrong then too.

4 Likes

Ha! Colour me unsurprised.

4 Likes

I can make that paragraph make sense, but only if there was an unmentioned husband after PR and before RT-M.

4 Likes

Which there was not.

3 Likes

That was my thought, and was why I wondered if I’d blinked and missed a whole husband. But I knew The Fish would have remembered, him had he existed.

4 Likes

She had Adam on 22nd June 1967 and married Roger Travers-Macy on 27th September 1968; she didn’t have time to have another husband in between! Not without bigamy, anyhow.

4 Likes

Substitute ‘babydaddy’ for ‘husband’ and it works perfectly.

5 Likes

Phrase of the Day, dear.

5 Likes

It’s easily done, darling. Very easily done.

4 Likes

Or an Tragic Combine Harvester Accident.

3 Likes

Oh, yes, one of those; but Paddy just went off to take up a job “down south”, though I suppose he might have died there. Except he hadn’t because he turned up in Ambridge again ten years later for a visit.

4 Likes

A starter marriage that doesn’t count?

Then again, the way JD carried on it would be no surprise if she lost track.

7 Likes

I think it was Emma that had one of those - or at least, that’s the way she seemed to see it.

6 Likes

Thanks for that. I’ve always wondered.

6 Likes