Missing ££££…

Who has form?

Georgie?

(…Georgie? who he?)

4 Likes

It’s Gnasher.

She’s THAT broke … and an opportunist.

5 Likes

George has no “form” that we know of, not since as a seven-year-old he “stole” a toy fire-engine, and returned it the following day.

3 Likes

Helen has money worries (nobody makes a profit off a small-batch artisanal cheese business, and she’s been looking for other funding sources) and a history of disrespect for the law.

6 Likes

But there was his unexplained (and since unmentioned) ability to buy expensive Easter eggs and computer games around the same time, and his earlier hero-worshipping of “Uncle Clive”. Not that any of that proves anything, but it did seem at the time that the SWs were dropping unsubtle hints and Alf would prove to have been wrongly accused.

Another addition to the massive armoury above the Mailbox fireplace…

As to the current case, presumably Mia needed cash to do an emergency shop, which was what she was trying to tell Clarrie.

5 Likes

And isn’t that whole situation being ridiculously over-egged?

6 Likes

Won’t that make a change…

4 Likes

The evidence on air was that he had been being given too much pocket-money by William.

His admiration for Clive was many years earlier, and caused the theft of the fire-engine. People do grow up a little between age seven (on 19th October, 2011, when Lowfield says “Another new toy? Where did George’s new fire truck come from? When questioned, he admits that he has ‘burglared’ it - from Jake - to show Uncle Clive what a good burglar he is.”) and age eleven (28th March, 2016, when the money from the church went missing). Also bear in mind that George had been disgustingly religious in between, to wind Emma up but also I think as something real to do with Baz being slaughtered; that was in 2013.

5 Likes

Yes, but do Archers characters?

5 Likes

Henwy Ian Archer, aged 8 -24/4

4 Likes

Henry doesn’t seem to have grown up at all since he was three, and he is eight now, so you are probably right.

5 Likes

That was Ed & Emma’s assumption, which Will vehemently denied, as I recall. The SL was dropped pretty much immediately, so the truth is probably buried in the the POPINOF

5 Likes

Snap!

4 Likes

He didn’t do so on air.

4 Likes

A very fair point.
However the SL’s interaction with certain of my personality defects means that I now wish all kinds of misery on Mia. Tess ruined me for martyr-yokelinas for life, I’m afraid.

Smash the patriarchy! Stop arranging the fairy cakes! (Feed the bastards marge!)

4 Likes

Are you sure? I thought there was one of his periodic “don’t-tell-me-how-to-raise-my-son” arguments* with Ed about it? But then again, when wasn’t there?

*aka “The SWs have run out of ideas again”

5 Likes

Nope, not on that occasion. He agreed that perhaps he had got it wrong. Unlike his brother, he’s quite often prepared to admit to fault – lacks proide, or something.

5 Likes

I was mistaken; Will said nothing about it, because he knew nothing about it. It was on a different occasion that he said he would follow Emma’s advice about George. (Because Nic told him to…)

The £400 for the curtains went missing on 28th March, 2016; on 13th May Ed complained that George had bought another computer game and William must be giving him too much money; as far as I can tell, not another dickie bird was ever said about the latter.

5 Likes