Never met the Grundys?

(He looks like) “When I first met him, when we (meaning “Eddie and me”) was courting,” said Clarrie of the picture of Joe leaning in a doorway outside the farmhouse.

So Clarrie lived in the same village as Joe from 1966 onwards, and went to school with his sons from the age of twelve onwards, without ever having met any of the Grundy family until 1980.

6 Likes

She was working in The Bull in 1979, too

6 Likes

Just so. First time she met Joe, my cousin’s club foot!

6 Likes

Perhaps she had the good sense to run away from the Grungies before the famed first meeting

7 Likes

“It was when I was sweeping him off the pub doorstep at three in the morning, our eyes met, and he softly whispered in my ear… ‘I think I’m going to be sick again’.”

7 Likes

SNORK dear wee dunnock!

6 Likes

My mind must be going. I mean, I knew that episode was bad but had somehow forgotten just what a steaming heap of mawkish, drivelling shite it was. Truly execrable.
Sometimes I feel sorry for the actors; for participating in that, I despise them.

7 Likes

…I think the same might be said about all the shyte which has been flowing through the midden all this week. I’ve done the worst, fecund, and turd weddin’s so far, not sure if my little shovel is man enough for tonight’s funerary droppings… …I s’pose I’d better look around for a larger shovel! (…heads of to “Scoops-R-Us” whilst wireless warms up)

5 Likes

This week has seen one actual wedding and three events that were not weddings. Also one not-a-funeral-but-a-post-funeral-knees-up.

5 Likes