Not only is Eddie scum -

he is totally brainless scum.
Can’t see why he is bothered to the extent of coming over all tremulous-confidential to Brian anyway, since he really isn’t that close to William (ok, he’d probably sooner he didn’t blow his brains out , on balance, but I doubt he’d actually care that much - Will was never the ‘golden boy’, wot with being largely law-abiding and other unGrundyish traits)
But if we are supposed to believe that Eddie really is that worried (which I don’t, dammit, and they can’t make me) then getting him foired from the job he loves and which is pretty much the only thing he is likely to be able to earn a living at really is a Totally Effing Daft move.
Imbecile. And some pretty shoite acting too, which didn’t help much.

7 Likes

Yes, agree. Since the PLM was so croolly tooken from him, sure, go ahead and take his job too. Assuming, Eddie, that you actually want him to top himself that is. There are other ways of doing it than with a gun, you know.

7 Likes

So Martin (Martyn?) Gibson rates William and is not at all keen to let him go. Good. Nevertheless, I want someone to do Eddie an injury. Seems very odd that Brian was prepared to participate in such a cockamamie stratagem in the first place.

5 Likes

Seems very odd that Martyn (the heartless) Gibson was not all for firing William on the spot.

4 Likes

That too. The previously laid-off grunt (Pete, is it?) has been doing William’s job, which is in itself improbable although of course he might not be in a situation to give the two fingers to any work that comes his way, and it would have been far more Gibson-like for him (particularly since it appears Willian hasn’t exactly kept lines of communication open) to rehire Pete Grunt and fire william for breach of employment conditions, which he probably has one way or another on the lack of communication front.
Having said which I do rather approve of Gibson for his masterly handling of the dread Kathy.

4 Likes