Oh FFS

I think Shuggs needs to research what is necessary for Beatification-101 again:
Let’s see now:

• Miracles? …mmmm, not much information about that, although there have been diverse unnatural events in Ambridge over the years (the River Am flowing backwards, the Greate Floode of Ambridge etc. etc.)
  • Cultus confirmation? (…bugger, here’s the La’in again, Profesewer Jimmus? …oh, don’t bother!)
  • Martyrdom? - ah, perhaps that’s her target?
  • cont. chapter: XCIV, verse:xciv
6 Likes

I can remember having a bath in the sink, which I am reliably informed was in Rochdale, where I was born

We left when I was 18 months old,& moved back to Chesterfield

I can remember lots, actually, & a lot of fairly rubbish memories

Howsumevva , I do not choose to remember only bad things, & there wasn’t anything like abuse, or worse, ever , but a smell, or a phrase, casually uttered, can catapult me back in an instant. I no longer walk in my sleep, after 49 years of doing so, but, when under immense & extreme stress, I can have 1 of the 5 nightmares which have plagued me for a lifetime.

I’m trying to give them up… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

But Shula is basically a Gloom Elemental, right? So increasing the amount of gloom around her is her job.

5 Likes

Yesssss! Obvious now you mention it.

5 Likes

I had an awful experience with a doctor when I was about eight. It has impacted every intimate relationship I have had since, and I will never go to a doctor for any kind of female check, ever. So I don’t think it’s unrealistic that an experience such as Jim’s would have affected him and still do so.

6 Likes

But would you be grateful if someone pestered you to Confront Your Past or whatever they’re calling it?

5 Likes

It’s extremely unlikely! I was just responding to Fanta saying that an experience when you were eight is insignificant. I don’t particularly like the way Shula and Jazzer are meddling, but I think Alistair is being very considerate.

6 Likes

I was raped when I was nine.

I remember that I remember that it happened. No details, more the upset around it.

No, it hasn’t blighted my life forever…

4 Likes

‘more the upset around it’

Yes & thrice yes, Fishy

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

And in Jim’s case, what has happened is that the upset around it is being done to him now. It’s no wonder he has been thrown off-balance by that. After all this time, now he has walked into blame and accusation and confession-requirement about something that was done to him. Labelled, as he had never been before.

And people wonder why people who have been raped don’t want to go to court about it!

6 Likes