Oh STFU

Quite.
Aaaaand it’s largely about him, too

7 Likes

I could hardly bear to listen, why can’t he just leave the poor sod alone?

I think it’s Jazzer who is going to do the worst damage in the end though, I can see him losing patience and telling the police himself. Or telling someone else he really shouldn’t.

7 Likes

I fear you will turn out to be right about that, dere

7 Likes

Yes, exactly. And what a lovely way to start by saying, “It’s wonderful to see you happy” or words to that effect, instantly reminding him of not being happy. Even without mentioning the police, that was a downer. Which Jim noticed. (That was actually a good bit of writing).

Funnily enough, Helen never seems to mind when things like that are said to her because she laps up the implication of ‘after all you’ve been through’. Jim, on the other hand, doesn’t relish that kind of attention and clearly doesn’t.

And don’t you love people who say, “You’re in a good mood!”

7 Likes

Yes, and if he does, Alistair will be partly to blame for raising the subject yet again. All very well to say ‘Jim doesn’t want to’ when Jazzer heard Alistair lobbying so strenuously for Jim to go to the police. Why does no one mention Harold’s age, for heaven’s sake?

7 Likes

Or the extreme unlikelihood of evidence on either side being available?

7 Likes

“Yes, and I’ve just got the blood out of my shoes.”

7 Likes

Couldn’t say, I’m sure, dere.

I have a nasty feeling someone is going to try to guilt Jim into the police station on behalf of the possible current ‘weans’ with whom Dr Strangelove potentially disports himself… The bbc message will of course be that this is the Right and Responsible thing to do. In which case they picked a pretty rickety vehicle for getting their propaganda across. Not that being 90-something and wheelchair -bound necessarily rules out all forms of sexual offending. No doubt Dr S’s hard drive wll be clarted with images of CSA.

7 Likes

What, the “Blood-Stained Banner”, Robert E. Lee on Traveller—that sort of thing?

5 Likes

I ain’t seen one good lynchin in years, joe. But no, not what I meant, as you very well know

5 Likes

Well I was right, but I really wish I hadn’t been.

7 Likes

You do realise I am going to blame you for this, don’t you?

Utter hoofwanking bunglenumpty. (Oh, for the avoidance of doubt, that’s Jazzer. Not TFM, dearie me no, perish the thort).
Shouldn’t be too difficult even for Burns of the Quarter-Inch to work out who was meant - baldie, wrinkly auld feller in a wheelchair? gosh, I saw one of them just recently, hmmm, when was that? - and then to start asking questions of the people who organised the party. That’s all going to go SO well.

6 Likes

He wanted to be called “Third Degree” Burns, but someone up at the Bureau of Nicknames noticed the terminology had changed, so now it’s “Full Thickness” Burns. So I’m sure he can drag this out for months.

6 Likes

I suspect the next piece of paper with writing on it will read: Egredimini de medio domus meae

5 Likes

Oh, very fine!

4 Likes

Yes, and I wish he’d stuck with his decision when he said thus to Alistair and Jazzer. And Shula.

5 Likes

Yes, absolutely. And not told the nosy-parkers anything.

5 Likes

Gosh, how he must be regretting that! Even Jazzer was making those annoying ‘so nice to see you busy’ type remarks that are sure to act as a reminder of what he’d prefer to forget. I say ‘even’ because that’s not really Jazzer’s style, in my opinion. He’s blunt, but I should have thought comments to the effect of ‘nice to see you happy’ (as opposed to …) was not really his style. Much more like Shula … I think she said something similar to Elizabeth. Not that Elizabeth would mind, she’d lap it up, loving the attention. Ditto Helen.

5 Likes

Don’t forget this particular writer thinks Shula would refer to someone as a “scumbag”.

I refer you to an earlier discussion:

5 Likes

Good points, joe. I thought she got Emma’s tone all right yesterday, though, particularly her reaction to Fallon’s refusal to give Ed a false contract.

5 Likes