OK, I'll admit my attention drifted a bit…

…but I have no idea who Tracy was talking to in the opening scene. Was a name actually mentioned?

The opening scene was Ruth and David. The first scene with Tracy in it, literally her first words were “So you’re in next, Anisha?”

1 Like

Blimey - I’d blanked even more than I realised! I remember now - I was surprised I didn’t hear the massed shout when David asks about whether they were such terrible parents…

So it was Anisha - has she toned down the accent? Didn’t notice it at all.

1 Like

Have been out, & missed it

Should I listen tomorrow?

Flump

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

If you want to be irritated beyond endurance, that would be a good plan, Carinthia.

4 Likes

[quote=“Carinthia, post:4, topic:444”]
Should I listen tomorrow?
[/quote]No.

Really no.

It was awful.

The cricket thing was excruciating.

4 Likes

Thanks. I won’t bother either then.

Shall have to stop posting if this goes on.

5 Likes

What, because you stop listening? No, no; there are other things to talk about…

5 Likes

This is the internet. You must have noticed by now that complete ignorance of a subject is no bar at all to posting about it…

5 Likes

The same applies to TA. Abject ignorance of farming and rural life, has never been a bar to the BBC employing somebody as an Archers writer. You must have noticed.

4 Likes

Nooo. Don’t do that.

It’s hope which grinds you down . … & with the Archers there is none. That allows for the great British pastime of having a good moan and here is a place to do it … whilst talking of other stuff as well.

Besides, we’re nearly related … remember ?

4 Likes

S’true!
If we didn’t have TA to moan about, we’d be stuck moaning about it being too hot. Or brief-casing poly-trickery.

4 Likes

Despite the availability of TA, I intend fully to exercise my right of moanng about it being too bleedin’ hot.

It is too bleedin’ hot. And it’s like breathing chicken soup. 'Orrible.

4 Likes

I have been indulging in total-loss evaporative cooling, otherwise known as tipping water over my head.

4 Likes

I’d better tip some over my head

I have just heard it…

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

I’ve got one of those Miltech cooler vests made out of weird cardboard-like fabric that goes soft when you wet it, and keeps you cool for hours without dripping. I got them for the dogs first, especially an asthmatic one who really needed help cooling, and was so jealous of the result I had to have one too.

4 Likes

Isn’t that bad for small birds? It get’s them all wet you know.

4 Likes

As far as I can make out, they positively enjoy getting wet all over; that’s what they are doing in the bird-bath.

4 Likes

I hope you’re not looking for a flaw in my reasoning.

4 Likes

You were reasoning? Oh. Sorry. I’ll shut up and let you get on with it.

4 Likes