OK - I've finally caught up

He frequently seems to be less than fully frank in his twitterings.

6 Likes

What I want to know is how could Brian tell that dere Adam was unconscious?

6 Likes

Adam wasn’t griping, whinging or complaining, that’s how.

6 Likes

Nothing curable, I hope?

6 Likes

Don’t get your hopes up: Lynda, remember.

All that happened is that a Landy trod on him* a bit so he’ll be fine come Thursday.

*he probably provoked it

6 Likes

“Braaaaaaains…”

6 Likes

He didn’t put on the handbrake, got out of the machine presumably on a slope or it would have stayed where it was (which is what Landies do really well), and then when it started to move off without him put his foot and leg under one of the wheels trying to get back in to reach the brake.

Sheer stupidity.

5 Likes

At least it’s consistent characterisation.

5 Likes

Was the Landrover’s engine running and was it in gear?

If you put the hand brake on a Landrover that is running and in gear you get lots of little bits of landrover given the way aLandrover’s brake works by grabbing the drive shaft

A colleague found this out the hard way

75k brand new Land Rover was reduced to ever so many bits on the Falls road

6 Likes

There was no engine noise. But if Adam had totaled the Landie I doubt it would have run him over.

4 Likes

What would be an acceptable gift/bribe for a Landrover, supposing, just hypothetically, one wanted to thank and encourage it?

asking for a friend, obvs

4 Likes

In true Ambridge tradition of ‘pampering’, how about a nice mud bath at the spa?

5 Likes

Not the only car to suffer such a fate, alas, but the method was certainly original…

*Other communities of eejits are (all too readily) available

4 Likes

Joe

It was brand new and fitted with all the gizmos and the armour plating that poliss vehicles had

So a really really stoopid thing to do

My how we laughed when we had to use a 20 year old thing in place of the Landy - a Shoreland made by Shorts I think

Armour plating makes it heavy to steer - no power steering meant that I had to get a colleague to help turn the thing

5 Likes

I’m sure you had lots of cheerful onlookers willing to lend a hand.

5 Likes