One-liners to Dec 22 - (Dec 3 missing)

1 Dec Justin has a big decision to make, and Pip confides in Elizabeth.

3 Dec
4 Dec There is a shock in store for Ian, and Eddie hatches a plan.
5 Dec Jennifer is concerned, and Elizabeth imparts some advice.
6 Dec The panto rehearsal descends into chaos, and Lilian feels guilty.
7 Dec Lexi offers a shoulder to cry on, and Brian puts his foot in it.
8 Dec Lilian finally faces the truth, and Toby is forced to grow up.

10 Dec Lilian comes to a heartbreaking realisation, and Nic offers some words of wisdom.
11 Dec Alan reaches the end of his tether, and Eddie reckons he is on to a winner.
12 Dec Thereā€™s a surprise in store for Elizabeth, and the deception takes a toll on Pip.
13 Dec Kirsty attempts to save the day, and Rex receives some Christmas kindness.
14 Dec Jennifer plays matchmaker, and Johnny makes his choice.
15 Dec Pip is torn, and Justin is stunned by the truth.

17 Dec Tobyā€™s life is changed forever, and Jennifer fears for her Christmas celebrations.
18 Dec Lily seeks advice from an enemy, and Brian receives an unexpected offer.
19 Dec Lynda puts her foot in it, while Emma treads carefully.
20 Dec Alan attempts to take control, and there is good news at Bridge Farm.
21 Dec Justinā€™s evening takes a surprising turn, and Harrison smells a rat.
22 Dec It is a day to remember for Lilian, and Pip gives an ultimatum.

3 Likes

Oo-er. What will happen on Sunday? Theyā€™re not exactly building up to anything, are they?

1 Like

I often get foiled into thinking it will be something very significant when they leave out a day but itā€™s usually nothing of the sort. But I am wondering if Pip is pregnant. If you check the Radio Times/TV Guide spoiler (Toffeeā€™s paraphrased one) thereā€™s something about ā€˜Pip is still in a spin about her discovery and begs her aunt to keep it to herselfā€™. That and Toby having to grow up suddenly does make me wonder.

I know thereā€™s the tendency to say so-and-so is preggers at the drop of a hat or pair of knickers, but Iā€™m not sure what else it can be. What a bore if so. Ruthā€™s caring voice will be given an airing, thatā€™s something to look forward to! Oh, and will David get his shotgun out? Might be fun.

1 Like

Overkill, surely - or have mifepristone and misoprostol not yet been licensed in Borsetshire?

Actually, while I generally hate the speculation about pregancies as much as you do, Janie, this could really be quite good and, as you rightly say, fun. Think about it (I am assuming that Toby is the sire for the purposes of this). Alfie runs a mile. Jill has several litters of kittens when told of the pregnancy, expires in a flood of bile when she learns that the aforementioned Fairbrother intends to make an honest woman of her pet granddaughter - admittedly that would be a big ask, but you canā€™t shoot a man for trying, in fact one rather admires the magnitude of the task he would be taking on - and Pip has a massive falling-out with her parents. Both Pip and Toby flounce off into the sunset (which comes mercifully early at this time of year). Farm up creek briefly without Champion the Wonderpip. Ruth and David start blaming each other for Pipā€™s departure; the place descends into middenishness and Joshā€™nā€™Ben develop malnutrition, legs fall off the coos and all is, for me at any rate, rose-tinted and absolute joy.
Oh, and once the marriage has taken place, a justly irritated cow kicks Pip hard in the cowbed, so no baby after all.

3 Likes

Oh, I do like your scenario! Way better than mine. Which was Pip has an abortion and Ruth does caring at her. Yuk, and sorry if I put you off your dinner.

2 Likes

I have a strong stomach, Janie dere.

But whatever happens wrt this putative pregnancy, the very fact of it will with luck jolt Jill out of her Aga-biscuit tin-cake-tin-casserole dish-freezer-roasting tin orbit and send her wheeling off into deep space, where no one can hear her hoot.

2 Likes

Two more days filled in, Dec 12 & 13. Ooh, ā€˜the deception takes a toll on Pipā€™. What was Jill saying just lately when Pipā€™s lying about the cattoo came to light? That deception wasnā€™t in character for the little darling? Little does she know, or any of them for that matter, that she has a long history of lying and getting away with it for the most part. She may not be all that bright, but running rings around the Dopeys and Jill does not require much brain power.

3 Likes

Or it might be ā€œAlfieā€, who presumably doesnā€™t exist and is just an excuse for Tobes.

2 Likes

Right, only Dec 3 missing now. Is there a reason for this or just shoddy work on the part of the person taking care of the BBC Archers web site? Answers on a postcard, please.

Gus, take note of Dec 15: you no doubt are hoping it is ā€˜from limb to limbā€™. As am I, naturally.

2 Likes

Well, Janie, as that is a prerequisite for her being deposited in ditches ands scrubland the length and breadth of Borsetshire, as I have been calling for for some years now, itā€™s a promising startā€¦
But I am not getting me hopes up too far,

2 Likes

No, best not get hopes up. She survived the IBR scandal reputation intact.

What the 'eck is this secret or deception? Is she preggers? ā€˜Tornā€™ could refer to abortion or not abortion. But why would she be thirsty? Must say Iā€™m quite intrigued.

Brace yourselves for Ruthā€™s ā€˜caringā€™ voice, thatā€™s all I can say, folks!

2 Likes

She was also tetchy. Maybe she takes after her mother and goes into howling bitch mode when carryinā€™.
Thirsty? I suspect theyā€™ve come at this from the wrong end, as it were, and imagine that the more frequent peeing in the early stages means that one is also thirsty all the time. ime that is not the case. Either that or they are being ever so subtle and she wanted the drinks because she had hoofed up earlier and had a narsty taste in her mouth, poor thingā€¦

Aaaargh, the carinā€™ voice, nooooooooo

1 Like

Normally Iā€™d assume is was a hangover-related thirst. She said sheā€™d been out late with Alfie. Perhaps now sheā€™s worried sheā€™s pregnant and has damaged the foetus. Though if they want to do Foetal Alcohol Syndrome, Alice would be a better candidate. Pip isnā€™t a known boozer.

2 Likes

No it inā€™t.

Thereā€™s acid, after all.

3 Likes

Not a very environmentally friendly way of doing things, that. But yes, I take your point.

2 Likes