One-liners to September 9

22 Aug It’s a big day for Vince and Elizabeth makes a friend.
23 Aug The Aldridge family attempt a compromise and Ben has a confession to make.
24 Aug Chris tries to save the day and Shula is left disappointed.
25 Aug Ben attempts to do the right thing and a new face makes an impression at Home Farm.
26 Aug Susan fears the worst and Jazzer has reservations.

29 Aug Justin announces his grand plan and Alistair struggles with a work related issue.
30 Aug Lilian is confronted by a ghost from the past and Jakob finds roles reversed at the vets.
31 Aug Tracy lends a helping hand and Lilian admits the truth.
01 Sep There’s a near miss for Justin and Alistair’s situation becomes ever more complicated.
02 Sep Lilian and Justin become more ambitious and there’s a happy ending at Greenacres.

05 Sep Chris lends an ear to a friend in need, and Eddie hatches a cunning plan.
06 Sep Susan comes to a terrible realisation, and Ben digs himself a hole.
07 Sep Neil attempts to do the right thing, and Joy finds herself manipulated.
08 Sep Chris has a dilemma on his hands, and Ben comes clean.
09 Sep The Aldridge family struggle with where to go next, and there’s an unexpected confrontation for Shula.

3 Likes

Six feet long, three feet wide, six feet down.

4 Likes

Martha finally showing signs of FAS, possibly?

4 Likes

I wonder, I hadn’t thought of that, but you could well be right. Although if Martha doesn’t have the facial characteristics associated with FAS, and surely they would have noticed by now if she had, then it might be a bit early to spot other developmental problems such as hyperactivity or dyslexia.

I was just reading here Developmental Timeline of Alcohol-Induced Birth Defects that the that the embryonic phase (first eight weeks after fertilisation) is more vulnerable to the effects of alcohol than the later foetal stage. And that it is during the embryonic phase that those facial characteristics of FAS such as a smooth philtrum and a thin upper lip, develop. Alice was drinking very heavily during both phases, right up to 17 weeks gestation, 19 weeks of pregnancy.

Oh and here DIAGNOSIS OF FETAL ALCOHOL SYNDROME (FAS) it states that “the characteristic physical features are most pronounced between eight months and eight years of age” so I suppose it’s just possible that Susan, like me, is doing a bit of research and watching Martha closely for signs of FAS.

I have been waiting for the other shoe to drop regarding Martha. No one in The Archers seems to be talking about FAS - they seem either to be assuming everything is fine or else they do not dare broach the subject and are all keeping quiet. And Susan is the one spending the most time with Martha, so your theory could very well hold water!

4 Likes

Has he even met Vince?

4 Likes

Snork!

3 Likes