Please…

That title sounds like a story from the Sellamillion, joe. I take it we’re talking about one of the Lesser Worms that are unable to fly. Well they would be, after getting pickled and lying there so long. And while we’re on the subject, I sometimes wonder what exactly is in Gandalf’s pipe. And where it’s been (careful!).

Mezcal, vicar? It’s better than thinly sliced cucumber, I think you’ll find.

5 Likes

Bright college days, oh carefree days that fly, to thee we sing with our pissed worms raised on high?

spigot/swig it/igit(ur) - a very bad man, Tom L, in a very good way.

6 Likes

Been there, done that, had to throw away the t-shirt…

5 Likes

And I thought Tuesday was bad…

3 Likes

Sic transit gloria Monday.

5 Likes

Gloria was sick in the van on Monday?

2 Likes

Tusdi is usually worse.

3 Likes

De minimis non curat Rex: ‘at least one Fairbrother is not a paedophile’

4 Likes

Wednesday Addams, Florid Fursday, Floreat Friday…

3 Likes

I feel a bit of Finnegans Wake coming on…

moanday, tearsday, wailsday, thumpsday, frightday, shatterday…

(Still annoyed that a certain obnoxious poster presumes to associate herself with that book)

4 Likes

Tuesday’s Dead according to Cat Stevens !

4 Likes

My ears hurt…

3 Likes

Ah, I’m listening to the TMS Anniversary match. No pain here :yum:

4 Likes

Go on - rub it in…

4 Likes

I’m not sure what happened tonight. How did Alice jumping out of the tree put Chris and Ed in jeopardy?

4 Likes

I assumed they caught her? The bigger question is why?

3 Likes

Yes, I thought that must be the case. So Emma is implying that they could both or either have been crippled for life by Alice’s body thudding into them. That’s possibly true even if she is a lightweight (in all sense). It would depend on the height from which she jumped I suppose. I never did physics.

3 Likes

distance of fall is given by

d = ½_gt_2

where g is acceleration due to gravity: 9.8ms-2

The time was about 2½ seconds, so

d = ½ * 9.8 * 6.25

= 30.625m (just over 100 ft)

The instantaneous velocity of a falling object after t seconds is given by:

v = gt

9.8 * 2.5 = 24.5m/s

Quite enough to do some serious damage to all three of them, if there were any justice…

5 Likes

I have nothing against Christiffer! Em could do with a bit of squashing occasionally, I suppose, and I still very much hold Ed’s attitude to Will seeing Georgie very much against him, though for the most part I don’t mind the poor, dim fellow. Only I’d push Pip and Toby ahead of all them any day if it came to being hit by a heavy object. They were there, weren’t they?

2 Likes

Please note corrections - forgot to square t in the first equation! 30m is a pretty tall tree - mature oak or similar. Hard to see how she could get a clear drop from the top of one.

2 Likes