Pruning

By two people, one of whom has no experience, in a day?

The scale of Nocasha’s business continues to baffle. We are supposed to believe that she’s a high-flying entrepreneur, a poster girl for the Nuffield Scholarhips, supplying high-quality, (presumably) organic fruit juices both directly and through various up-market retail outlets. Yet the entire business seems to be run part time by Natasha, with occasional hindrance from the WurstBrat.

A few miles from where I used to live, there’s a rather wonderful fruit farm. It seems to be doing much the same as Natasha is supposed to, though on a smaller scale - they only sell direct from their own shop or online. It covers forty acres. How long do you think it would take two people to do the pruning?

http://www.theapplefarm.com/about.htm

Hmm - I see they’re now producing their own cider. Think the time has come to take a trip back to Clonmel…

3 Likes

Meet you there Joe?

Could be fun!

5 Likes

Sounds like an excellent plan. You’ll most likely find me in the Princess…

4 Likes

… as the actress said to the Bishop.

4 Likes

Vice versa, shurely?

4 Likes

Now now, let’s not be small-minded.

4 Likes

It all depends on the actress & the Bishop really.

6 Likes

Before this gets totally out of, er, hand…

6 Likes

The rally calendar is being insulted for when we may be in the vicinity

5 Likes

I remember Clonmel…
Sigh
Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

One of the places which is not even a long way … to Tipperary.

5 Likes

About 25 miles - but a shite road

4 Likes

Try west of Ennis for shite roads

The suv is a necessity not a luxury!

5 Likes

Or just move to England…

3 Likes

Ah, but that’s a safety measure, given the usual behaviour of Clare drivers. Second only to Donegal for bad driving, IME.

Thirty years ago they got a shiny new dual carriageway to service Shannon airport, and seem to feel that since their taxes paid for it they have to use all the lanes - frequently straddling two at a time - so they get their money’s worth.

5 Likes

Imagine what they are like on the motorway bypassing the town!

The day it opened they all had a drive and complained there were not enough turn offs to Ennis!

I think a lot think they are still driving the tractor

And they still prefer the ass and cart

5 Likes

Pulled by a donkey

5 Likes

You have no idea how much self-restraint I am currently exercising, no idea at all…

5 Likes

What about my self-restraint? Did I mention “sangwidges”? Or “a grand feckin’ read of Ireland’s Own”?

(For the uninitiated, Pyke’s Home Companion is alive and well and published in Wexford)

5 Likes

You did not, it is fair to say. Good man.
It is purely coincidental and absolutely true that I have broken off from shovelling bacon & cabbage into me gub to respond, though ;- )

5 Likes