Quite an achievement

I didn’t think the SWs could do it, but I have to say I’m impressed. Against all the odds, they’ve managed to come up with a character that’s even more irritating than Pip.

3 Likes

Nolly - sorry, Noluthande - Lily, Justin or Ruby?

2 Likes

I vote Lily.

Though dispute the original premise. But the lass is promising, it must be said.

4 Likes

Lily is a nasty interfering little know-it-all rather than just a nasty little know-it-all. Pip does not deliberately interfere in other people’s lives in order to enjoy power over them in the way that Lily does.

3 Likes

She’s got a nasty Queen Bee complex going on and I hope will, in the fullness of time, get a suitably unpleasant and brutal comeuppance.

3 Likes

or, as I saw it gloriously described elsewhere recently, her ‘uppingtons’. I might have to steal that.

3 Likes

Twas Lily I had in mind, having just got round to hearing last night’s offering, though Nolly Prissyqueen is also a strong contender. As yet, her targets have been entirely deserving, though, so I’m prepared to cut her some slack. (Though if she has so little time for Kate, why did she bother to come over?)

3 Likes

Noluthando was offered a once-in-her-lifetime (so far, anyway) opportunity to come over to England and see it, paid for by her doting grandparents; of course she took it! She didn’t expect to be shackled to a dead-and-alive village in the middle of nowhere with the mother she quite reasonably despises and no company her own age apart from an up-herself prat who patronises her and a boy who is young for his age.

4 Likes

[quote=“Fanta, post:8, topic:687”]
offered a once-in-her-lifetime (so far, anyway) opportunity to come over to England and see it, paid for by her doting grandparents
[/quote] … & she was clearly being a stroppy madam back home, & not getting her own way. She came here for the free holiday and to be allowed to get away with stuff she wasn’t at home.

That happens where separated parents exist only a few miles apart. Less simply 1/4 of a planet away.

4 Likes

And she did the classic “play them off against each other” trick, too.

– yes, I’m sure that was part of her motive.

3 Likes

Kate did something similar in a one-sided way, playing Lucas off against Brian, though not the other way round. She lied through her teeth, turning Lucas’s complaint that Nolly was being a ‘nightmare’ and slipping out of school to hang around drinking with low-lifes completely upside down and telling Brian that Lucas was letting her do just that.

To his credit, Brian sounded sceptical, saying something like, ‘That’s not like the Lucas I know’. But he still caved in on Nolly staying (in principle and if Jennifer didn’t object) and was powerless to prevent Kate going and shrieking out the news as a done deal when it was nothing of the sort.

Sorry, I know the thread’s about Lily. What a poisonous little trouble-maker she is.

4 Likes