Radio Times Ambridge Diary Jan 26-31

Jim is on the receiving end of a surprise when Fiona turns up. She’s adamant that she just wants to make sure he’s OK. But when Alistair digs for information about why Fiona has cut her holiday short, he discovers that she’s been keeping a secret of her own.
Adam and Ian are worried Kate is taking her aunt duties too seriously. By the week’s end, she’s offered to organise a naming ceremony for Xander, but does chaos lie ahead?
The Brookfield Archers, meanwhile, are going out to impress Vince as he checks out the barn venue for his daughter Steph. But just when it looks as though Ruth and David might win him round, disaster strikes …

Thanks to fleetingeileenm of ‘The Archers in Mustardland’

5 Likes

Then they remember that this is Kate and ooh shiny.

4 Likes

The disaster at Brookers is going to be the plod coming to arrest Josh, isn’t it? DC Tanners is in the cast list.

5 Likes

…surely (Shirley) anything which promises the smashing of a large bottle of bubbly (…actually a large bottle of anything would be fine!) over the wretched brat’s noggin would be A Good Thing!)

4 Likes

Now why hadn’t I thought of that approach to infant naming ceremonies?

Just let it not be the really good stuff - such a waste.

4 Likes

Well, the name for a start. Then there’s the two daddies … & where the Lexshie now ? What about the egg producer ?

1 Like

Aaah a luffly ishoo for the SWs to maul

A secular event for the ivf child to welcome it to the community

A scattered family who will want to be there with hilarious misunderstandings and so on ad nauseum

3 Likes

You’re right about that, give or take the small matter of spelling ;- )
However

is letting TBTB off altogether too lightly. Not just IVF but surrogacy. And was a single dissenting voice raised about the very notion of surrogacy? In a pig’s eye it was. Possibly because the book of rules does not allow any implicit criticism of the pair of bores they fondly imagine to be The Nation’s Favourite Gays. Look what happens to characters that diss dear Adam and Ian. Dead (Sid) or in Canada and disgrace (Rob). The only concerns were from a twittering, baby-addled fool of a potential grandmother who was afraid that the nasty foreign (almost-) human incubator might yet deprive them of the baby they had commissioned.
If they are going to do a stupid naming ceremony, it would be nice if passing mention were made of the recent rather sad case in which a surrogate died in childbirth leaving two children of her own. But I’m not holding my breath.

Mind you, when you see what a hames they made of the coercive control storyline, I suppose one shouldn’t be surprised at the facile treatment of surrogacy.

Disclaimer: I have no objection to Helen being abused: all welcome, no prior experience necessary.

3 Likes

I spell like a blind old Oirish wimmin

That’s lucky cos I am all of the above and would thump Helen with my white stick if it meant no more mankwold

4 Likes

You would be more than entitled to thump me with your white stick too, Twellsy - although I can’t help you on the Mankwold front, of course.

3 Likes

Josh tries to sell Vince one of his own trailers?

4 Likes

What a lovely idea!

3 Likes